Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I’m sure we’ll sign a replacement for White. People seem to forget we play 3 CBs. So Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman not enough, even if we promote Ostigard, especially as Veltman is also back up RB (to an injury prone RB).

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Interesting that you really believe that keyboards and phones have created the verb 'to of'

Lets see some of the conjugation:

I of
You of
He ofs
We of
They of

Past tense woulf be I have ofed.

Do I now? Assume away, dear.

I went from one thread where HWT was mocking grammar/punctuation/whatevs to open another to see him doing it again - hence some irritation and "give it a rest" (you utter bore), all the constant mocking and pomposity.

Anyway, my bad - it's always best to mutter to oneself and ignore and carry on, no need to respond. He's on Ignore now because life is too short to read his constant posts and I imagine he's the type who'll come back (repeatedly) with a mocking and pompous reply and who cares, no need to sweat the small stuff.

NSC is an awesome place but really quite unwelcoming at times.

As for sloppyattheback, I love him/her, my favourite poster by far, always always makes me laugh :thumbsup:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Some latest info on the transfer, sounds like performance related add ons are included... and more hilariously, Leeds will receive no percentage of the transfer as they did not aid his development before the age of 21
eab00e7391c92cd5fbbc69ae2ab56245.jpg
cd070ddee2d1b95a4740deaf15282853.jpg

Really pleased that Newport and P'boro will get some funds from this transfer, deservedly so - wonder how much?

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Nice to see Newport and Peterborough get something out of this as well. Another post said it would be 0.5-1%? So £250-500k each? As Albion fans we know how much that can mean to a club lower down the leagues.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Don't entirely quote me, but I think rules state 0.5-1% of the transfer fee, £500-£1,000,000 definitely nothing to sniff at for those teams!

If they are due anything it is 0.5% for Newport and 0.25% for Peterborough as they only had Ben on a half season loan. So £250,000 for Newport and £125,000 for Peterborough. My understanding was they weren't due anything as the transfer isn't between clubs in different countries, but the tweet has come from some right DULLARD so I will bow to his superior knowledge.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
If they are due anything it is 0.5% for Newport and 0.25% for Peterborough as they only had Ben on a half season loan. So £250,000 for Newport and £125,000 for Peterborough. My understanding was they weren't due anything as the transfer isn't between clubs in different countries, but the tweet has come from some right DULLARD so I will bow to his superior knowledge.
My maths is god awful so again please don't quote exact figures haha!

You are right, I think Peterborough get slightly less due to being half a season, main thing is I'm happy they get a kickback!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. I don't know much about them but did have a look at their website to get the examples above. It seems they campaign against jargon and waffle with a focus on texts that serve a functional purpose. Have they also advocated for plain English in literature?

As a staff trainer, one of the modules I had to deliver was on Plain English, as defined by the Plain English Campaign. I hated delivering it - I simply didn't agree with what I had to convey to the trainees. It was in a business context, to be sure, but the changes and modifications which they insisted upon went way beyong just eliminating gobbledygook. Can't remember specific examples of what riled me - it was over 20 years ago - sorry!

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Wow, I've never been aware of this sort of instance (funds Peterborough and Newport are about to receive). Is this negotiated as part of each loan agreement or is it a standard mandatory thing that's inserted when loaning players U21?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Some latest info on the transfer, sounds like performance related add ons are included... and more hilariously, Leeds will receive no percentage of the transfer as they did not aid his development before the age of 21

Are we sure the thread police are ok with these tweets being posted? [emoji6]

Anyway this is fantastic news. “He’s Leeds through and through” indeed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wow, I've never been aware of this sort of instance (funds Peterborough and Newport are about to receive). Is this negotiated as part of each loan agreement or is it a standard mandatory thing that's inserted when loaning players U21?

It’s a FIFA rule. Although from what I’ve read is not that clear whether it applies to clubs that a player has been loaned to or just clubs where a player was part of the academy prior to signing a professional contract, in which case it’d just be Stains that would get any ££.

Although the most important thing is that White went to Leeds 10 months after his 21st, so they get nothing.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’m sure we’ll sign a replacement for White. People seem to forget we play 3 CBs. So Dunk, Webster, Burn, Veltman not enough, even if we promote Ostigard, especially as Veltman is also back up RB (to an injury prone RB).

Unless we promote a couple more. We also have Hayden, Dedoncker and Van Hecke waiting in the wings (excuse the spelling).

It’s an area of the team our club are well stocked in.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I hope the club have a replacement in mind internally. Would love to see another young player come through, if they’re ready…

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Oh, that is just brilliant.

And pleased for those two clubs

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Does anyone know (or know how to find out) how many different opposing teams Ben White has played against out of the 92 or so?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here