Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, but they can't help themselves can they: "Not getting anything in compensation for the player seems a tad harsh as one can argue that Bielsa’s had more of an impact on him than any of his previous managers have had."

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why do you need to ask? This time last year we were told that every Brighton fan had been following his career ultra closely since he was like 7 or something [emoji848]

“Leeds through and through” eh?

Up the Gunners! [emoji23]

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think there's a lot of people exaggerating White on this thread. For me, he looked like a £50m player only after that horrible run in February.

But he DID still look like a £50m player and to actually get the money in is great work from Ashworth, Barber, Bloom, GPot or whoever

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m not wound up by Leeds fans, they lost out. BW was never their player, their bids dismissed by far greater minds than the chancers making them and just 11 months later Brighton and Hove Football Club bank £50m. Leeds £nil.

Also BHA banked 6 points - Leeds nil. :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why do you need to ask? This time last year we were told that every Brighton fan had been following his career ultra closely since he was like 7 or something [emoji848]
I remember watching an FA Cup tie on TV specifically because White was playing for Newport ( against Spurs ) :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Funny how we have been told how much this one is worth without a Naylor tweet saying he understands the fee is worth more than what's quoted.

Can't think why that might be

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the value hasn't been disclosed from the Brighton end. Also, no details about the add-ons so we don't know the full potential value.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A collection of views about Ben during his loans.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/s...url=https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

The story about him ‘going straight through Adam El Abd’ made me chuckle.

Although I know it’s right for the club, this transfer is starting to hurt.

That clip will genuinely wind a few Leeds fans up with the managers from his League 2 and League 1 loans saying what a special player he was before he'd even had a training session with Bielsa.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England’s Ben White

That clip will genuinely wind a few Leeds fans up with the managers from his League 2 and League 1 loans saying what a special player he was before he'd even had a training session with Bielsa.

Good. Some of them need a bit of a reality check.

Ben’s worked hard and is responsible for his progress through the leagues. It’s beyond arrogance and flatly deluded to say it’s all down to Bielsa.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Good. Some of them need a bit of a reality check.

Ben’s worked hard and is responsible for his progress through the leagues. It’s beyond arrogance and flatly deluded to say it’s all down to Bielsa.

I doubt it'll have any effect on their delusion. They lost their shit when White himself did that interview when he got into the England squad and said 'I wasn't made last year' when asked about the effect of the season he had with Bielsa, concentrating more on his entire 10 years development under Saints and Brighton academies and the support of his family.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I doubt it'll have any effect on their delusion. They lost their shit when White himself did that interview when he got into the England squad and said 'I wasn't made last year' when asked about the effect of the season he had with Bielsa, concentrating more on his entire 10 years development under Saints and Brighton academies and the support of his family.

I seem to recall Simon Rusk got a name check didn't he?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Ben pictured here sharing a joke with his Mum presumably?

E6qXTGwXoAIdFUi.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here