Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If White does leave (still not convinced at all), the Albion will get the money and a nod from the serious professionals in the game for Ben’s development/management. The wider media punter and fan will delete Brighton from any part in his story. If you’re trying to establish yourself as a football power (and established top 10 PL side is established power) then the wider non-industry insider view is important. Leicester City are Champions and FA Cup winners but it’s all still a bit fairytale tinged, when in fact they are a much more successful club than the North London powerhouses (especially Spurs). That’s what Bloom, Barber and Ashworth are probably mulling over. Twist and get a bit of capital/fluidity from a BIG sale now or stick and build a bigger concrete foundation for works going forward - and at the same time increase debt further to get that elusive striker.

Glad it's not my decision :)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nope I can hear the commentary already -“Arsenal’s (or whichever big club he goes to) Ben White made his name in Leeds United promotion season from the Championship”

It doesn’t really matter though does it?

Exactly, with £50 mill in the bank, I'm sure we will get over it. The important thing is that those people whom have helped get us to this point are recognised by us. Namely uncle Tony.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I heard on the radio this morning that Ben White doesn’t ever know whether it’s the refuse collection day or the recycling day on any particular week, so he puts a bit of both out just in case. True story.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Not sure if this has been posted before but I quite enjoyed it.

Feels a little less staged than the BHA interviews, and he seems a little more relaxed.

It's from a few months back.

Not a great amount of new info but you can see how much he admires Dunk.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Interesting. City holding talks with our player, who currently is not for sale.

Interesting if true........cant see it myself but hopefully if he is off then Man City will up the offer above the 50 million that this journalist assumes is his asking price. They really dont know 'our' Tones negotiation methods do they......do we?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t think we’ll be changing our transfer policy if Ben is sold.

I think it’s already evolved and potentially receiving £100m for Biss and White will see it evolve further.

With lessons learnt on the £32m plus wages blown on Locadia and Jahanbakhsh.

I think it would put us in the market for the right striker at a price.

Even before this coming windfall, TB was willing to spend £20m twice on players better known in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here