Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Tony's like, no, you misheard me. I said £60m plus add ons... Is the starting bid.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everton and Arsenal seems like a poor mans transfer destined to win nothing. Wait till the biggies come in

Personally don't care. I love Ben while he's one of ours, but he could go absolutely anywhere and I wouldn't mind, as long as it was the highest bidder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So many sad-sacks were running to the bank ready to cash Arsenal's £40m cheque.
I guess the same people are now desperate to cash Citeh's £50m (if/when it comes)

Some people just flat out refuse to learn.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Was it really ten years ago I was stunned when we broke our transfer record with a player for a whole £500k?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very much doubt we have set a price, despite what is being mentioned on Twatter. So all this chat about "meeting our price" is nonsense.

The whole circus is nonsense which is why the club do so well to keep out of it.

How long ago was it Ornstein CONFIRMED the White deal with Arsenal was done - a week?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If City try and play Poker with Our Tony on White we’ll probably end up with White, Foden, Dias AND the £60m

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The whole circus is nonsense which is why the club do so well to keep out of it.

How long ago was it Ornstein CONFIRMED the White deal with Arsenal was done - a week?

Amen brother. The club will happily keep one of the finest young defensive talents in this country unless a completely pandemic-busting bid comes in. It’s all Twitter/Sky ‘big’ club desperation bollocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Because he works for The Athletic, he’s thought of an Arsenal transfers guru.

It would be comic if his smug confidence proved wrong in the end.

86BCB2DA-0B84-4CCF-9B90-B20EE3570B36.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The Mail state that Everton have offered £50m with £20m upfront and the rest over four years. I expect that represents quite a significant uplift on the Arsenal offer. I expect we’ll take a few days to consider it to open the window for other clubs to bid. Interesting comment that we stated a verbal assurance to White that we wouldn’t stand in his way if a bid came in that met our valuation as part of the contract negotiation last summer. I have a feeling that’s probably true. I hope that if Bissouma isn’t sold this summer that we can offer him a new contract with the same verbal assurance. Would be a win/win. Letting White go in this way, for the right price of course, should show Yves that we will play ball on letting him go if the money is right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amen brother. The club will happily keep one of the finest young defensive talents in this country unless a completely pandemic-busting bid comes in. It’s all Twitter/Sky ‘big’ club desperation bollocks.

As already said the people I most feel sorry are the Albion fans who think we're still a small club.

Their current levels of bewilderment must be off the scale.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Mail state that Everton have offered £50m with £20m upfront and the rest over four years. I expect that represents quite a significant uplift on the Arsenal offer. I expect we’ll take a few days to consider it to open the window for other clubs to bid. Interesting comment that we stated a verbal assurance to White that we wouldn’t stand in his way if a bid came in that met our valuation as part of the contract negotiation last summer. I have a feeling that’s probably true. I hope that if Bissouma isn’t sold this summer that we can offer him a new contract with the same verbal assurance. Would be a win/win. Letting White go in this way, for the right price of course, should show Yves that we will play ball on letting him go if the money is right.

I'd be amazed if the club took as long as a few seconds to consider that deal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As already said the people I most feel sorry are the Albion fans who think we're still a small club.

Their current levels of bewilderment must be off the scale.

:lolol:

It does beggar belief.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If City try and play Poker with Our Tony on White we’ll probably end up with White, Foden, Dias AND the £60m

:lolol:

I may be going out on a limb here but....I am sure that White may well emerge as a fairly decent defender who may accumulate 5-10 England caps, but he's not exactly shown that he is the ****ing Patric Viera of Brighton and Hove Albion, and if some dribblers (I'm talking saliva, here) want to spaff multo multo dollar to singe him then, well, here fido, fido, sit. Beg. Good boy.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£50M - or maybe a tad more - 90% up-front - would be an acceptable offer, I think. I think we owe it to Ben not to go for the first offer though. Even if they don't offer more (or much more) than Arsenal, there are better outcomes for Ben. Starting with Liverpool and ManU; Citeh he'd have to fight for a place, but worth a shot. Or, of course, somewhere aabroad (but I don't follow much football out side the UK) might be even better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here