Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Issuing a 'come and get me' plea to Arsenal.

Bo11ocks to that - let's hope Foden is on the phone to Pep ........ "Get him in boss, he's better than fvckin' Arsenal" - or Slabhead to OGS, or Henderson to Klopp with a please come and get him Boss - blow the Arse out of the water!
I've always looked out for Albion players who've moved on, and want them to do well - even more so now we're starting to get the production line up and running - but if he goes to sodd1ng Arsenal, I'm going to find that bl00dy difficult!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A decent analytical video for the anoraks amongst us on what Ben White does.

It's split into 3 parts. The first 7 mins is how a Brighton player got Leeds promoted, the second part is about how he has played for Brighton, and the final part is how he would likely be used by Arteta if Arsenal finally pay Uncle Tony what he's worth.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A decent analytical video for the anoraks amongst us on what Ben White does.

It's split into 3 parts. The first 7 mins is how a Brighton player got Leeds promoted, the second part is about how he has played for Brighton, and the final part is how he would likely be used by Arteta if Arsenal finally pay Uncle Tony what he's worth.

So, you're saying we should watch the first and third parts :smile:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Love the fact that the famed Southampton academy (which is not all it’s cracked up to be anyway), released both him and Mings (yes he’s shit but still worth millions somehow). Tossers.

When we've produced half the number of internationals they have then maybe that comment will be valid.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought the same.

Yes he gained confidence after joining us, but they failed to play him at all.

The important ‘middle bit’ translates extraordinarily well for England with Ben at RCB and Saka taking the Lamptey role. Maguire plays Dunk, Stones plays Webster, Philips plays Bissouma, Mount plays Lallana and Trippier plays March. I don’t think England need to emulate our front 3 however.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The important ‘middle bit’ translates extraordinarily well for England with Ben at RCB and Saka taking the Lamptey role. Maguire plays Dunk, Stones plays Webster, Philips plays Bissouma, Mount plays Lallana and Trippier plays March. I don’t think England need to emulate our front 3 however.

I like Trippier, but Southgate has a thing about Shaw.

Shaw’s set pieces have been awful and he’s been repeatedly caught upfield in opposition counter attacking.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why? What has our academy got to do with my comment about theirs being over rated? Something I do know a thing or two about actually.

Possibly because this is a Brighton forum. That said, they've still produced a helluva number of players, Lallana, Bale, Walcott, Shearer, to name a few. So not quite sure why their academy is 'not what it is cracked up to be'. If you are critical of them dumping White and Mings then others will point out that we passed up on Ian Wright and Roy Keane!!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I actually think brighton are pretty relaxed about losing Ben White. I’m not saying they are resigned to selling him but I believe they expect a pretty busy window in terms of offers and hope that one of them is good enough to make it a commercially sensible decision to cash in and reinvest.

Keeping Ben White for another season isn’t really in our best interests and I don’t think the dale stephens saga is comparable as we hope to have multiple interested parties willing to pay big money. I think only Burnley wanted dale for a nominal fee.

Perfectly fair and probably what will happen. I'd just like Ben White to be recognised as a Brighton player before he goes off to the big time, one season isn't really going to cut it in that regard.

But holding on to him now seems a forlorn hope.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Perfectly fair and probably what will happen. I'd just like Ben White to be recognised as a Brighton player before he goes off to the big time, one season isn't really going to cut it in that regard.

But holding on to him now seems a forlorn hope.

Yeah, that's what I wanted too.

But I guess now is the perfect time to sell, not just for £££ but also because it's a high profile transfer that gives the club a lot of good publicity.

He'll be the poster boy for our academy and a case study we can point at when we recruit talented youngsters.

Sadly, to the vast majority of football supporters, he's not really going to be remembered as a Brighton player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, that's what I wanted too.

But I guess now is the perfect time to sell, not just for £££ but also because it's a high profile transfer that gives the club a lot of good publicity.

He'll be the poster boy for our academy and a case study we can point at when we recruit talented youngsters.

Sadly, to the vast majority of football supporters, he's not really going to be remembered as a Brighton player.

Nope I can hear the commentary already -“Arsenal’s (or whichever big club he goes to) Ben White made his name in Leeds United promotion season from the Championship”

It doesn’t really matter though does it?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nope I can hear the commentary already -“Arsenal’s (or whichever big club he goes to) Ben White made his name in Leeds United promotion season from the Championship”

It doesn’t really matter though does it?

Only if you're incredibly needy.

The rest of us will be getting excited about all the players with flair names we've never actually heard of that we could be signing with £50m

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If White does leave (still not convinced at all), the Albion will get the money and a nod from the serious professionals in the game for Ben’s development/management. The wider media punter and fan will delete Brighton from any part in his story. If you’re trying to establish yourself as a football power (and established top 10 PL side is established power) then the wider non-industry insider view is important. Leicester City are Champions and FA Cup winners but it’s all still a bit fairytale tinged, when in fact they are a much more successful club than the North London powerhouses (especially Spurs). That’s what Bloom, Barber and Ashworth are probably mulling over. Twist and get a bit of capital/fluidity from a BIG sale now or stick and build a bigger concrete foundation for works going forward - and at the same time increase debt further to get that elusive striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here