Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If he goes, good luck to him, the fact thar it's Arsenal doesn't make one bit of difference to me, once he's gone, he's gone, whether that be Leeds, Arsenal or Man City. I would only be bothered if there were ad ons for winning the league, champions league etc. Far more likely at Man City than at Arsenal.

It would be interesting for the sake of some of the arguements on this thread, if we accept an offer from Arsenal and then Leeds decide to match it, i wonder which club he would choose. I would assume we no longer see Leeds as any more or less a rival than Arsenal now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully for him and us, it doesn't. As many here have said, he can do better than Arsenal and I think we can do better than £50m. If Slabhead was worth £80m (he wasn't), White is worth more than £50m. I think White's better of the two and that the future will pan out to show this.
It is almost like I was being satirical.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Guardian is as bad as all the tabloids with transfer rumours. It's celebrity gossip to them, which clearly has an audience with their readers.

Brighton will sell one of their prize assets win the transfer window, but until it is announced I'd value a transfer rumour in the Guardian the same as I would the Daily Star.

It was the Guardian that broke the news that Gonzalez was singing for us.

I seem to remember,they may have got that one wrong:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Top post. Got it right all the way. Blue and white tinted specs will always try and pretend it's different, of course. I'm sure he'd have loved to have been Leeds United's £30M star CB leading them into the PL, and beloved of Leeds fans everywhere. As it is, as an excellent young professional, he has knuckled down and delivered for us. Now his agent is pushing for the big pay day we didn't give him (the agent) last year!

His agent would’ve got commission on negotiating his new contract with us. I’m fairly sure White has a good wage and certainly on a par with the rest of the team.

As I said last year (and I found the post dated 25/8/20) he wouldn’t shell out for a £1M house in Worthing at the beginning of August, if he was off to Leeds.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Hope his agents quote helps
You know, the guy who represents him

The same agent that got fined for inappropriate actions, when dealing with Dale Stephens, allegedly. If White wanted to stay at Leeds, why did he buy a new build in Worthing, whilst still at Leeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We know Andy Naylor has got a couple of transfer stories wrong but can anyone remember Brian Owen messing one up?
If he says a well placed source says it’s simply not true, then it is simply not true.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I personally think Ben is the most likely of Brighton’s big money players to leave in the transfer window . £50m or possibly even a bit more is a huge sum to turn down , even if you don’t need to sell . We have strength in depth in that area and that type of transfer fee could make a huge difference to who we end up bringing in as a striker .

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[tweet]1408164359386304512[/tweet]

Yes, they're still tw@ts - but they loved him, and he had a whale of a time playing for them in his season at Leeds - undoubtedly enjoyed every minute. Still, any suggestion that he'd have been delighted to stay there must be considered as heresy, I suppose.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We know Andy Naylor has got a couple of transfer stories wrong but can anyone remember Brian Owen messing one up?
If he says a well placed source says it’s simply not true, then it is simply not true.

Brian Owen does have legit connections. And I can’t prove it, but I always read some of his “well placed” sources being a certain Paul Barber.

No question Ben can definitely go in this window. But we can be damn sure Tony and Paul will make it a good deal for the club. And from a business perspective I don’t see the benefit in accepting a deal at this moment. There shouldn’t be a rush.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[tweet]1408164359386304512[/tweet]

I have not seen any BHA fan suggesting Potter ‘made’ Ben White at all. Yet loads of dirty saying Bielsa has. It’s disrespectful to dozens of coaches who have helped him to say such shit, let alone disrespectful to Ben himself. Twats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here