Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
His agent has been fined in the past for dodgy dealings.

You said earlier that Ben had never played for the Albion, which is wrong. I saw him playing in a League cup game for us.

I meant he had never really had a block of time playing for us so didn't have that link like he did with Leeds where he played a full season.

I think the point stands despite some league Cup games .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't trust them at all.

But I don't see why an agent would say he was disappointed not to move.....if he wasn't.

Agents tell lies. There, I’ve said it.

I’ve just checked back to last summer, and [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] posted 28/7/20 that White was buying a house in Worthing.
It was 1st September when Ben signed his new contract with us.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Agents tell lies. There, I’ve said it.

I’ve just checked back to last summer, and [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] posted 28/7/20 that White was buying a house in Worthing.
It was 1st September when Ben signed his new contract with us.

Leeds bids were in August.

Also what would be the logic for that particular lie?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I meant he had never really had a block of time playing for us so didn't have that link like he did with Leeds where he played a full season.

I think the point stands despite some league Cup games .

He had a block of playing with Newport too. That’s how loans work.
Of course he enjoyed his time at Leeds. He won a Championship medal, but he’s been at Brighton for six years, and despite the Leeds fans playing up his strong friendship with Phillips, he went on holiday with his old Academy buddy Connolly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Argus 1min ago stating a club insider advising this is simply not true. If so TB will be even harder to negotiate with

That’ll be a legitimate club sauce I reckon………what they really mean is ‘anything you are reading on social media is horseshit - we’ve had no discussions and no offers’.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He had a block of playing with Newport too. That’s how loans work.
Of course he enjoyed his time at Leeds. He won a Championship medal, but he’s been at Brighton for six years, and despite the Leeds fans playing up his strong friendship with Phillips, he went on holiday with his old Academy buddy Connolly.
I'm sure Aaron is a BLAST but I would probably place a whole team over his youth team mate if we are pitching those against each other as reasons to be at Brighton or Leeds.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Great business. Would wish him well but he's hardly had a chance to contribute and Arsenal is a very lacklustre move for him.

Poor Ben.

Royal flush for Tony.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
We can't. I for one don't agree with the last one as I don't know. And neither does anyone else who's been posting about this.

???

Guaranteed starter in the team he'd been playing in for the whole of the previous season, who play good attractive football and where he was a fan favourite. Assuming they offer a sensible wage. In one of the few cities in England really worth the name. And assuming he's leaving Brighton on good terms after they've accepted a fair offer from Leeds.

You're right, we don't know whether he would have been willing to move. But there's no reason to think he wouldn't have been, and plenty of reasons to think he would have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm sure Aaron is a BLAST but I would probably place a whole team over his youth team mate if we are pitching those against each other as reasons to be at Brighton or Leeds.

Give over. You’re just trolling now.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
They are the points I originally stated and got picked up on. Thats why.

No point quoting your whole post.

You originally wrote:
It was blindingly obvious Ben wanted to go to Leeds last year

There is manifestly a difference between "wanting" and "would have been willing to".
The rest of my post is the part that you clearly disagree with, which is what makes this an interesting conversation.
I'll make the generous assumption that you're fishing or trolling and leave it there.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Picked up after checking a few hours ago.

60 comments since covering the Leeds angle and no update on the actual transfer to Arsenal

Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blooms always been clear that if a player wants to leave, and the price is right. He wouldn't stand in the way.

We didn't want to sell, and Ben didn't want to leave. It's really that simple.

Nothing to do with what Ben did or did not want, the price was not right. End of.

FWIW, there was a plausible argument for selling White to Leeds last summer, if we could have pushed them to £30M with lashings of sell-on and a few more million when he played for England - we had a good defence, Dunk was un-droppable, Webster was un-droppable; in the early part of the season it was almost as if we had to shoe-horn in White, by going to three at the back or by playing him at DCM. And yes, White had had a fantastic season at Leeds and was a big crowd favourite - no doubt he would have been happy to stay there - who wouldn't have?
I'm not saying that was the right argument, but it was definitely a plausible one, however much some may dislike it. As it is, it worked put well - our defensive unit - and White individually - got better and better as the season wore on, and he fully deserved his England cap. It was strongly suggested that his agent would have liked him to go to Leeds for a big pay day (for the agent), and I wonder if his agent now isn't more interested in getting big wonga now rather than biding time for a better footballing move than going to upper mid-table Arsenal.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seems unlikely papers would make up 'has agreed personal terms'. Will happen. Good luck Ben. Not the move id make but its your career. Wish you all the success in the future.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You originally wrote:

There is manifestly a difference between "wanting" and "would have been willing to".
The rest of my post is the part that you clearly disagree with, which is what makes this an interesting conversation.
I'll make the generous assumption that you're fishing or trolling and leave it there.

Thats fine if we disagree. Its just my opinion that it was clear he wanted to go. The agent saying he was disappointed not to go and 3 bids from Leeds is ultimately what makes me believe that. I may be completely.wrong and thats fine. I don't know. It's just what I believe so no.trolling here.

The reason I quoted your post was because I was finding myself in arguments with those who doubted Ben could even fathom leaving which I found slightly mad, but again it's all opinions.

Either way, brilliant player and I wish him all the best. And well done to the club for holding nerve last summer and knowing the players worth. Its brilliant business if the fee being mentioned is true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here