Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal’s Ben White

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You'd have to think that The Arse are on the rise again. They are weak in the middle and Ben will improve their defence significantly.

It is a big deal for him, and us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His agent saying he wanted to move is quite good evidence he wanted to move, yes.

I could leave it there.

Before we add in the fact 3 bids came in which wouldn't happen without indication that a player was interested....or.the fact the new deal was signed after all those failed bids and not any earlier.

But, as you say, Ben released a nice video on the website when he signed the deal saying he was happy so.that must mean his agent wasn't telling the truth and Ben didn't actually want to move.

I'm glad it's settled.

He bought his house in Worthing a few weeks before he signed his new contract.
I wouldn’t believe any agent particularly White’s. I believe other players have sacked him and got a different agent (or am I misremembering that?).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When asked on*The Transfer Show*whether White was disappointed a move to Leeds fell through, Levack said: "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult.

The agent of Ben white...who had no interest in moving to Leeds

Time to take the blue and white glasses off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He bought his house in Worthing a few weeks before he signed his new contract.
I wouldn’t believe any agent particularly White’s. I believe other players have sacked him and got a different agent (or am I misremembering that?).
I think it is the same agent that got fined when we signed Stephens isn't it ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
England’s Ben White

Yes.

Like it or not, agents are part of the game because footballers are to lazy / stupid / don’t want the hassle of dealing with this kind of stuff. Ultimately they represent the players and are there to get the best deals / moves for them

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
When asked on*The Transfer Show*whether White was disappointed a move to Leeds fell through, Levack said: "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult.

The agent of Ben white...who had no interest in moving to Leeds

Time to take the blue and white glasses off.

Renowned berk, in an industry full of them. I wouldn't trust him if he told me 2+2=4

Edit: apparently the original word used wasn't acceptable. I thought I'd used worse in the past personally.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Renowned ****, in an industry full of them. I wouldn't trust him if he told me 2+2=4

Oh I agree.

But even then an agent is not going to say his client was disappointed not to move when it's not true. There is just no logic in it.

It just strikes me he is a bit thick to let it slip.in the same week white signed his deal.

There just no incentive for that lie.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes, it was.

So, dodgy agent, Ben buying his house before he renewed his contract, going on holiday with Connolly, but he was disappointed not to go to Leeds.
Pull the other one mejona.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Oh I agree.

But even then an agent is not going to say his client was disappointed not to move when it's not true. There is just no logic in it.

It just strikes me he is a bit thick to let it slip.in the same week white signed his deal.

There's no benefit to White from saying it even if it is true though. He's just shifting the blame off himself for not getting a big deal over the line.

There are some basic points I think we can all agree on:
Leeds wanted White
Leeds didn't offer enough for Brighton to sell.
White would have been willing to move if the offer had been accepted.

Now the sticking point here is there's a difference between "being willing to move", which is all Leeds need to know to.make those bids, and "actively wanting to move", which implies he doesn't want to stay at Brighton.

I'm sure that, with the possible exception of genuine relegation fodder like WBA and Fulham, he probably would have been willing to move to any PL club if they'd made an attractive enough offer. But I don't think he came back from his loan with a strong desire to move to Leeds in particular, because he will have known throughout that it was never on the cards.

If he had really wanted to leave, there are plenty of ways to force that through, and Brighton would have given way because we had the back up to deal with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh I agree.

His agent has been fined in the past for dodgy dealings.

You said earlier that Ben had never played for the Albion, which is wrong. I saw him playing in a League cup game for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His agent has been fined in the past for dodgy dealings.

You said earlier that Ben had never played for the Albion, which is wrong. I saw him playing in a League cup game for us.

The club was also fined £90k …

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Oh I agree.

Wether White wanted to go to Leeds shirley is immaterial? We were not prepared to sell at that time or at that price to that club.He was under contract.

I am sure he would have loved to be part of the Bielsa revolution.Tough life innit?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
His agent saying he wanted to move is quite good evidence he wanted to move, yes.

I could leave it there.

Before we add in the fact 3 bids came in which wouldn't happen without indication that a player was interested....or.the fact the new deal was signed after all those failed bids and not any earlier.

But, as you say, Ben released a nice video on the website when he signed the deal saying he was happy so.that must mean his agent wasn't telling the truth and Ben didn't actually want to move.

I'm glad it's settled.

You have a lot of, I have to say misguided, trust in agents. Next you’ll be telling me you believe Boris Johnson.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wether White wanted to go to Leeds shirley is immaterial? We were not prepared to sell at that time or at that price to that club.He was under contract.

I am sure he would have loved to be part of the Bielsa revolution.Tough life innit?

I agree. They didn't offer enough.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
There are some basic points I think we can all agree on:
Leeds wanted White
Leeds didn't offer enough for Brighton to sell.
White would have been willing to move if the offer had been accepted.

We can't. I for one don't agree with the last one as I don't know. And neither does anyone else who's been posting about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here