Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus having a pop at Dick Knight

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Cue the lickers to come on here crying.As Ernest said the other day certain fans want Knight to stay in charge so they can enjoy their little bobble hat meetings with him.

Knight, understandably perhaps given everything he has been through during his time in charge, is probably worried about someone coming along to steal all the glory.

This is piss-poor journalism by the Argus. Knight is "probably" ...

Why not ask him, instead of guessing and admitting that you're only guessing?

Naylor's piece on Saturday was just a report of the interview with Gold that Southern Counties Radio secured. This latest piece is a pathetic attempt to keep a story going, when all along, the Argus hasn't had a sniff at either of the individuals that they are featuring in it.

And as for the speculation that Derek Chapman is lining himself to take over as Chairman ... where did that nonsense come from?

And which troublemaker has posted the "I love Dick" comment on the Argus site in the name of "Yorkie Licker, Newhaven"?

The forensics point to someone who is obviously fond of the expression "licker".

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
And which troublemaker has posted the "I love Dick" comment on the Argus site in the name of "Yorkie Licker, Newhaven"?

The forensics point to someone who is obviously fond of the expression "licker".

Not guilty lord B.I have prats posting on that forum using my name all the time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He doesn't want the job.

Said who and when? His business record would make him an obvious candidate if the next chairman came from within the existing directors but with the possible involvement of Adenstar in the building of Falmer there would be a conflict of interest.

I still think that a total outsider is a more likely option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was then is it still the same now, now that that bit of dust has setlled he may have changed his mind.

Personally I hope not I hope that we will get a large input of money from somewhere and when we move to Falmer we will become a professional club in all aspects, on the field in the administration, ticket sales, catering ground entertainment etc not the pathetic shambles we have had to endure, through no fault of any particular individuals other than LDC for so long at Withdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Cue the lickers to come on here crying.As Ernest said the other day certain fans want Knight to stay in charge so they can enjoy their little bobble hat meetings with him.

I'm interested to know how Vulture and Ernest know about little bobble hat meetings. Are they members themselves?
There is an AGM for the supporter's club which takes place annually and attended by the chairman, chief exec and current manager.
I would presume this would happen with a new chairman.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That was then is it still the same now, now that that bit of dust has setlled he may have changed his mind.

The easiest way to find out if Derek Chapman wants the chairman's role is to go up to him and ask him. Believe me, he doesn't want to be the Chairman. "I've got enough on my f***ing plate as it is..." etc.

Besides, can you imagine someone as charismatically undiplomatic as Chapman at the head of the club? :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This is piss-poor journalism by the Argus. Knight is "probably" ...

Why not ask him, instead of guessing and admitting that you're only guessing?

Yep - that is dreadful! How many people read that and thought it was actually the truth? Probably most...

As for the other post on the Argus forum - plainly obvious that its someone with a small pea brain who really can't be arsed to have a mind of their own.....pathetic..

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Isnt that what the Argus is for though...picking up on a story and running with it.

People forget just how supportive the Argus were over Falmer..they could quite easily have taken the david and Goliath approach and backed the little man against the nasty big bullying football club, but they didnt.

I think this discussion about possible investors/owners etc etc is very interesting to read and hopefully teh Argus reflects peoples views on it, who knows perhaps more than the people on here?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If any new man comes in with serious dosh then it is the end for the bobble hatters. Some of them are beginning to fret already.

All clubs do the ''Community - We want your input - bit when they are on their knees but that evaportes when the club is once again run by a powerful chairman or board.
Oh for the Bamber days. You cannot beat a good dictator.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, but not creating the story.

they are not creating a story, they are speculating what would happen if things were to change.

Isnt that what the Sun, Mirror, telegraph, Observer, independant etc etc do every day on the back pages? is the Argus not allowed to do this then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here