Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you starting to think sacking Wendy might have been the right thing to do?

Do you think sacking Wendy was the right move by the club

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to admit that my opinion has swayed from outrage to thinking the board may well have got it right.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My thinking is quite convoluted on this.

I don't think Wilkins should have been given the job in the first place, but having given it to him I think he deserved a fair chance, and I don't think the way/time he was sacked represented a fair chance.

But having said that, I'd rather Adams than Wilkins too.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
How can anyone know with the season not even under way yet?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How can anyone know with the season not even under way yet?

True, just curious to know if people are starting to doubt their initial outrage and most of NSC was definitely outraged at the time.

We won't know for sure by the end of the season even if MA gets us promoted because maybe DW would have taken us up as Champions

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I think that some of the comments that have filtered out since then that point to deep problems with Deans style have persuaded me that perhaps he was not ready for the top job.

Reading between the lines Dick had obviouisly been unhappy for a while with what was going on behind the scenes so to demote Dean when we finished seventh in the league tells me that the situation had deteriorated off the field and a tough decision had to be taken.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Of course it was the right move. Murray wouldn't be here now if Wilkins was still here. The question you cant answer yet is whether Adams was the right replacement.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Finish above 7th - yes
7th or below - no

How do you think your season's gonna go having come so close last year? Is there loads of enthusiasm or do the fans think the chance of promotion may have passed them by??

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Definately the right move in my opinion. Wilkins was just another Jeff Wood, Hinshlewood, etc appointment. Lacking any sort of ambition. OK we 'flirted' with the play-offs but there was some diabolical football on display at Withdean last season. Mansfield, Port Vale will stay with me for along time I'm afraid.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Although I thought the Wilkins sacking was unfair I still thought it was the best decision. He's not a good enough manager, his man-management skills weren't good, the players got too comfortable with him, nobody had to work hard for their place, it was given to them... (the list is pretty long).

Whether or not we get promoted or make it to the play-offs under Adams is beside the point, the fact is, I feel more confident and enthusiastic having him as the manager than I ever did or would of done with Wilkins.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Speaking to team members the atmosphere and general approach now is much more professional so I am all in favour irrespective of whether or not we get immediate success, as i am sure that we will long term.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Although I thought the Wilkins sacking was unfair I still thought it was the best decision. He's not a good enough manager, his man-management skills weren't good, the players got too comfortable with him, nobody had to work hard for their place, it was given to them... (the list is pretty long).

Whether or not we get promoted or make it to the play-offs under Adams is beside the point, the fact is, I feel more confident and enthusiastic having him as the manager than I ever did or would of done with Wilkins.

Word.

D

Deleted member 2719

Still seething at the way this was done.

I wish i could get excited about this season but i have gone from admiring the legend Dick Knight to being livid with the man.

:censored::censored:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bottom line is Adams is a far better manager than Wilkins will ever be. Clubs haven't been exactly knocing each over to Wilkins door offering him a managers job have they. Wilkins has an important role to play as reserve manager as i wonder if he will live to regret turning it down. The person I feel more sorry for is Ian Chapman who is a man of honour and turning down a fantastic opportunity working alongside Adams must have been very tough.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Infact Wilkins should have been on the phone telling Ian to accept the job imo and not let him be a sacificial Lamb on his behalf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here