Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you owed money?

Jul 25, 2006
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I've only beein credit for about 6 days in those 5 years,

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I know the feeling well. Whilst looking through my last 6 years bank statements tonight I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Going on the 50% pay back theory I reckon i'll be owed 500 quid. Which is nice.

Going back onto this subject....

According to the statement I've just received, my building society Abbey are soon to be charging me £60 for going over my authorised overdraft - two charges of £30 each for making payments when I was over the overdraft limit, my own fault you might say but one of which was a debit card payment for something I brought on the internet and took 4 days to clear(when I ordered it I was in credit and didn't realise how long it takes to actually make the payment!) and the other again, I just wasn't aware I was so overdrawn and paid for something costing £2.98!

If I write in complaining have I got a snowball's chance in hell of getting the money back?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
vat man owes me some £4000 :clap2:

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Going back onto this subject....

According to the statement I've just received, my building society Abbey are soon to be charging me £60 for going over my authorised overdraft - two charges of £30 each for making payments when I was over the overdraft limit, my own fault you might say but one of which was a debit card payment for something I brought on the internet and took 4 days to clear(when I ordered it I was in credit and didn't realise how long it takes to actually make the payment!) and the other again, I just wasn't aware I was so overdrawn and paid for something costing £2.98!

If I write in complaining have I got a snowball's chance in hell of getting the money back?

Write to them, or even phone them and talk to them about it. You will probably get something back.

_wilka_ said:
How many people who have done this have had their bank accounts closed down as a result?

I've done it and have had a "goodwill" payment in return. I believe that because of that they're not in a position to close my account. Having said that as the account is still overdrawn, albeit within the agreed limit I don't think they can close it just yet. As soon as I'm in a position to clear the overdraft completely I will be closing the account and moving my business elsewhere anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here