Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you owed money?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I only asked for a refund on the charges I've incurred in the last couple of months (I'm normally ok) and they refused.
I am therefore going to go the whole hog and get them to go back over the six year period allowed and try and get back all of it and take it as far as it has to go.
They had their chance to get off lightly and I'm not impressed. It's gonna cost them I tells ya.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm going to do this . . .6 years ago HSBC used to call me personally from the local branch if there was a problem

last month they charged me £75 for going over my overdraught :angry:

nail the bastards I say :angry:

and take more care of my finances :rolleyes:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Shropshire Seagull said:
Everytime my bank has charged me (not too often mind) I've rung up and apologised and made some reasonable excuse and they have always refunded. These charges are discretional - don't ask don't get !!

Which Bank is this ? Not mine

MikeySmall said:
And me.... this sounds promising....

Earlier in this thread there were some links to Which? I think that if you followed the pages had links to pre written letters for you to send to your bank. You just had to fill in the blanks, account number things like that.

Download these letters and use them. You probably will have to go back through your statements to calculate how much you have paid. It depends on how your bank decide to deal with your request. It has to be worth spending the time working it out though if there is a chance of a hefty refund.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I got a letter about the contract and small print and they made me an offer (goodwill) of £90. I guess I didn't expect much back as I am still on my old graduate/student account and the O/D was very reasonable.

hill 16 southwick

Jun 27, 2004
southwick
Interesting article in the ST Money section yesterday. Potentially as a result of the banks having to reduce OD charges / fees etc it will eventually result in the end of free banking for everyone and move towards a Continental Europe / US model. Each individual will pay a monthly fee to maintain a bank account . Probably about a tenner a month

This is in a similar vein to the Credit Card fee issue. As a result of Card Issuers having to reduce late payment fees for those customers who couldn't remember / be bothered to pay on time they have increased interest rates for everyone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yep, i for one am looking forward to paying a monthly fee on my bank accounts that i dont go overdrawn on, so that those less capable of financial managment or simply live beyond thir means can continue to do so more cheaply. :nono:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sent my letter of a week or so ago, no reply so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here