Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you obsessed with Saints?

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
3 threads on the 1st page of your message board!

We were shocking yesterday, and aresenal played well! We have had the toughest start possible pretty much, and I doubt any newly promoted team would of done better.

Our season starts next week, 3 points are needed next saturday, otherwise Il start to panic!

p.s good luck, and well done on your cracking start to the season.
nice to see cms finally hitting some form!

Hopefully see you next year in the Pl ( if we can sort it out )

Not long to wait for Harry's second coming

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Piss poor is those who bought tickets/season ticket holders not turning up for arguably your most "glamour" home game of the season.

Funny how they were in large blocks too. Didn't look like the odd no-show. Anyway, do I care. No, not in the slightest.

I am more concerned about a little patch of flaky skin I have just found on the side of my foot... I wonder if I need to get some new shoes...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Piss poor is those who bought tickets/season ticket holders not turning up for arguably your most "glamour" home game of the season.

There are legitimate reasons why fans miss matches though. We had empty seats against Palace last season for example, and I am sure no one missed the game on purpose. Not all STH can get to every game, and it may be worse this season after the Barber Tax of £10 per paper ticket has been imposed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Any old excuse to post this wonderful tribute...

:wave:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no bone to pick with Southampton. I don't think of them as a rival. Never have. The result I look out for (apart from teams currently near us in the table) is "that lot" at the other end of the M23.

I am looking at Saints and Reading's position with interest at the moment because we have a chance of being promoted this season. I will be quite happy if they both stay up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have no bone to pick with Southampton. I don't think of them as a rival. Never have. The result I look out for (apart from teams currently near us in the table) is "that lot" at the other end of the M23.

I am looking at Saints and Reading's position with interest at the moment because we have a chance of being promoted this season. I will be quite happy if they both stay up.
You don't look out for Pompey's results then?

Well in that case, let me tell you, because I have to say it brings me great pleasure: They lost 2-1 at home to mighty Walsall, to leave them on just 5 points and in relegation MIRE, and already only 11,000 of "the best supporters in the country" are rattling around in their tin pot shed. Great stuff.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Couldn't care less a out Southampton, although Adkins lacked class with his antics in div 1.

Dislike Portsmouth and hate Palace.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
After 4 games you have made this highly well educated answer hahahahaha.

Didn't you lose 6-1 to Liverpool? Didn't you lose 6-0 to West Ham as well?

See where you are at the end of the season you f***ing mug.

I think it's good to have banter with away fans on this board. Many fans add to this board and you can generally have a laugh with them.

I appreciate that you are probably a youngster but you are not one of those away fans who adds to this board. If I was a mod I would have kicked you out for that last comment.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Well in that case, let me tell you, because I have to say it brings me great pleasure: They lost 2-1 at home to mighty Walsall, to leave them on just 5 points and in relegation MIRE, and already only 11,000 of "the best supporters in the country" are rattling around in their tin pot shed. Great stuff.

Yeah OK, point taken. I do look at Pompey's results. Guess I was trying to emphasise my "neutral" feelings towards Southampton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don't forget when/if they come out of admin their penalty comes into play - at least that's my understanding, so in fact they are on -5.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
There are legitimate reasons why fans miss matches though. We had empty seats against Palace last season for example, and I am sure no one missed the game on purpose. Not all STH can get to every game, and it may be worse this season after the Barber Tax of £10 per paper ticket has been imposed.

As HK pointed out - it was in large blocks.

Utd at home is as big as it gets in the Premiership for a team with no divisional local rivalry. There really isn't an excuse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to confess I have had a smirk at all Saints results this season. It does worry me a little as to what will happen to us if we go up. Have Saints actually strengthened very much this season? ( I'm not that obsessed as I have no idea what players they have recruited and whether they are actually any good)

I'm quite enjoying their humblings after what looked like a good 80 minutes of their Premiership debut. Not naive enough to think that there won't be a whole load more of their fans on here than there are now, if we go up and end up losing every game.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have to confess I have had a smirk at all Saints results this season. It does worry me a little as to what will happen to us if we go up. Have Saints actually strengthened very much this season? ( I'm not that obsessed as I have no idea what players they have recruited and whether they are actually any good)

They've strengthened in the wrong areas. Anyone with half a brain could see Fonte and Hooidveld would be show up for the overpaid lumps they are this year.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think three threads counts as an 'obsession' - you should have seen the number when we were in the same division. However we ARE interested in you, ditto Reading, as all three clubs are roughly the same size and your performances might be a guide as to how we'd fare if we get promoted.

I'd think we'd do better than you btw as our manager is MILES better than yours. Don't bother replying as I'll take it as read that you disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here