Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you obsessed with Saints?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
3 threads on the 1st page of your message board!

We were shocking yesterday, and aresenal played well! We have had the toughest start possible pretty much, and I doubt any newly promoted team would of done better.

Our season starts next week, 3 points are needed next saturday, otherwise Il start to panic!

p.s good luck, and well done on your cracking start to the season.
nice to see cms finally hitting some form!

Hopefully see you next year in the Pl ( if we can sort it out )
Obsessed maybe a bit strong....if you changed your title from obsessed with to laughing at you'd be a bit nearer the truth.

Going down.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

We were shocking yesterday, and aresenal played well! We have had the toughest start possible pretty much, and I doubt any newly promoted team would of done better.

Our season starts next week, 3 points are needed next saturday, otherwise Il start to panic!

What are your veiws on your keeper and why your physio has not replaced him

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Sorry but on any decent football message board you will find threads about other clubs, rival clubs, clubs that have peed that message board off and clubs whose fans have peed that message board off as well as general clubs chit chat. Saints just meet all of those categories and it's nice to follow your "progress"

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave

Had forgotten all about you till one of your "fans" posted yesterday on North Stand Chat..... Oh hang on.....was the question are we obsessed?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Best case scenario, we leap frog them as they come down, worst case we play them again next season in the Championship - no other scenarios are available

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
What are your veiws on your keeper and why your physio has not replaced him

I think the reason is because of the lloyalty shown by kelvin davis. The start of our first season in league 1, just before the big takeover, west ham approached him, he had a medical, agreed terms and all it needed was the signature, 2 days later when we were taken over the first thing they done was get kelvin on a new deal, and he signed.
hes been a great player for us, and deserved his chance in the premier league. 14 in 4 is not a good stat, and maybe its time to start looking beyond the lloyalty

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the reason is because of the lloyalty shown by kelvin davis. The start of our first season in league 1, just before the big takeover, west ham approached him, he had a medical, agreed terms and all it needed was the signature, 2 days later when we were taken over the first thing they done was get kelvin on a new deal, and he signed.
hes been a great player for us, and deserved his chance in the premier league. 14 in 4 is not a good stat, and maybe its time to start looking beyond the lloyalty

We don't really care, we're not obsessed enough... run along.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm surprised but very pleased that Southampton didn't go in for Bridge in the summer. He came through their ranks and is a far better player than Fox.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We don't really care, we're not obsessed enough... run along.

I asked the question as i thought sentiment was the reason for keeping him,that sentiment has cost stains 4 maybe 6 points already i realy hope Gus does not make the same mistake with Barnes and Dicker this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I asked the question as i thought sentiment was the reason for keeping him,that sentiment has cost stains 4 maybe 6 points already i realy hope Gus does not make the same mistake with Barnes and Dicker this season

Well, if we want to get away from the irritating rash that started this thread... what is wrong with Barnes exactly?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From the first two pages about southampton:
Helpline opened up for saints fans
Are you obsessed with Saints? (started by a saints fan)

From the first two pages about Adkins
The demise of the physio
Adkins leaving it late for a push into Europe
Nigel Adkins
So........ (started by a saints fan)

From the first two pages about Hammond's decision to come to us from saints
Why did Hammond leave Southampton?

So, really, only one thread by our fans about southampton, and it is directly about their result yesterday with the posting of a joke that is reworked every time a team in the premier league loses by such a margin. I remember it when Man City eat Man Utd by that margin.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
But what is wrong with Barnes? Dobbie wasn't the question.

Why bring in Dobbie then play Barnes it would be an insult to Dobbie ,and Tony after he has committed to paying his wages only to stick with a player already on the books because of sentiment

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why bring in Dobbie then play barnes would be an insult to Dobbie ,and Tony after he has committed to paying his wages only to stick with a player already on the books because of sentiment

So what you are saying is you don't rate Barnes, personally I'm glad that GP doesn't share your sentiments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here