Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you obsessed with Saints?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
3 threads on the 1st page of your message board!

We were shocking yesterday, and aresenal played well! We have had the toughest start possible pretty much, and I doubt any newly promoted team would of done better.

Our season starts next week, 3 points are needed next saturday, otherwise Il start to panic!

p.s good luck, and well done on your cracking start to the season.
nice to see cms finally hitting some form!

Hopefully see you next year in the Pl ( if we can sort it out )

You're obsessed with us being obsessed! Every time there's more than one thread about saints on here you flag it up with a thread about it. Not knocking it, it's all banter as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I hope our fans take note of the situation that Southampton find themselves in,its far better to hold a top half position in the Championship than to be a struggling outfit in the Premiership.

Cronolegs

Nov 19, 2011
I hope our fans take note of the situation that Southampton find themselves in,its far better to hold a top half position in the Championship than to be a struggling outfit in the Premiership.

After 4 games you have made this highly well educated answer hahahahaha.

Didn't you lose 6-1 to Liverpool? Didn't you lose 6-0 to West Ham as well?

See where you are at the end of the season you f***ing mug.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I go on here coz unlike saintsweb, non Albion related threads are kept on the main board. Some of them are about the city of Brighton where I live and others are foot related but non Albion. In short its a good general board to visit.

You do get a small minority of Brighton fans who are in their 50's and still remember 1978 when we played out the 0-0 vs Spurs for us both to go up. Others recall that throwaway 'if the can keep up' comment from Adkins 2 seasons ago.

So every now and then this minority start the most ridiculous threads about us and you can't help but respond but the response is then 'why are you hanging round on our forum'

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I go on here coz unlike saintsweb, non Albion related threads are kept on the main board. Some of them are about the city of Brighton where I live and others are foot related but non Albion. In short its a good general board to visit.

You do get a small minority of Brighton fans who are in their 50's and still remember 1978 when we played out the 0-0 vs Spurs for us both to go up. Others recall that throwaway 'if the can keep up' comment from Adkins 2 seasons ago.

So every now and then this minority start the most ridiculous threads about us and you can't help but respond but the response is then 'why are you hanging round on our forum'

You're welcome on here as far as I'm concerned, I'm quite interested in the views of opposing fans ... but when one or more of your lot come on here looking for a punch up then of course it'll spark a reaction.

1978 .. it's a historic fact, most knowledgeable fans will know of that day regardless of age.

As for Adkins (in my opinion and seemingly others) he's an arrogant clown. I've long thought he got lucky, took over at the right time, got a bit of money and things worked out. His summer (in fact all of 2012) transfer activity has been friggin bewildering and if I were a Saints fan I'd be hoping now for a few more quick hammerings so he gets the bullet, bring in someone who knew what they were doing and save the season before it's too late.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You're welcome on here as far as I'm concerned, I'm quite interested in the views of opposing fans ... but when one or more of your lot come on here looking for a punch up then of course it'll spark a reaction.

1978 .. it's a historic fact, most knowledgeable fans will know of that day regardless of age.

As for Adkins (in my opinion and seemingly others) he's an arrogant clown. I've long thought he got lucky, took over at the right time, got a bit of money and things worked out. His summer (in fact all of 2012) transfer activity has been friggin bewildering and if I were a Saints fan I'd be hoping now for a few more quick hammerings so he gets the bullet, bring in someone who knew what they were doing and save the season before it's too late.

Point is those who experienced 1978 are more bitter than those who didnt.

Maybe your point re Adkins is true for his first season but not for last season. You can't argue with back to back promotions. He also got a very small club in Scunthorpe promoted from L1 twice who since his departure have favoured a lot worse. Saying that the Prem might be a challenge too far for him and trust me NC wont hang around in replacing him. Only worry is he's too hasty.

3 threads on the 1st page of your message board!

We were shocking yesterday, and aresenal played well! We have had the toughest start possible pretty much, and I doubt any newly promoted team would of done better.

I think you will find that no team could have done worse (unless a points deduction was awarded) .

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
After 4 games you have made this highly well educated answer hahahahaha.

Didn't you lose 6-1 to Liverpool? Didn't you lose 6-0 to West Ham as well?

See where you are at the end of the season you f***ing mug.

We just had a go in the cup - beat NUFC and Sunderland too.
Were we supposed to have built a Prem squad for that??
No of course not - but YOU are.

f***ing mug is you sunshiney pratt, enjoy your humiliations.
I bloody will :laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love the way that Dear Leader Adkins has whitewashed the Wigan game from history.

"Our season starts next week. Nobody would have expected us to get anything from those fixtures - United, City and Arsenal - and we haven't. The big plus is we've scored in every game".

Big laughs at Nigel.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love the way that Dear Leader Adkins has whitewashed the Wigan game from history.

"Our season starts next week. Nobody would have expected us to get anything from those fixtures - United, City and Arsenal - and we haven't. The big plus is we've scored in every game".

Big laughs at Nigel.

This is exactly why we love to laugh at him. I've got no problem with Southampton and once Adkins has been sacked, will probably not give them a second thought.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Maybe your point re Adkins is true for his first season but not for last season. You can't argue with back to back promotions. He also got a very small club in Scunthorpe promoted from L1 twice who since his departure have favoured a lot worse. Saying that the Prem might be a challenge too far for him and trust me NC wont hang around in replacing him. Only worry is he's too hasty.
I like the fact that in the North Stand concourse on Friday night, you referred to the Amex as "your lego stadium" when the fact is it is more or less the same size as yours only it looks and feels about 10 times better. :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like the fact that in the North Stand concourse on Friday night, you referred to the Amex as "your lego stadium" when the fact is it is more or less the same size as yours only it looks and feels about 10 times better. :lolol:

Lego bricks are square and rectangular in the main.

If you wanted to build a model of a football ground, which design would you say would be easier to build?

St_Marys.jpg

ResizedImage458300-AMEX-Stadium-copy.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think all the above is fair comment.

I remain bitter about 1978, we would have been on back ot back promotions. Always suspicious when two managers walk round the pitch celebrating prior to kick-off.

As for Adkins, just so smarmy and bit of an arse, but you can't deny his record.

However, I hope Southampton stay up, the more southern teams the better.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

agree entirely

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Big laughs indeed. How can you really compare the stadium atmospheres Sim when your only visit to SMS was 6 and a half years ago to see Saints v Albion? The crowd was like 20k and both teams were in a far worse state than now. Indeed many an Albion fan has commented positively on the level of atmosphere/noise at SMS over the previous two seasons Saints v Alb games.

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Lego bricks are square and rectangular in the main.

If you wanted to build a model of a football ground, which design would you say would be easier to build?

St_Marys.jpg

ResizedImage458300-AMEX-Stadium-copy.jpg

BOth would be a tough task for me. I think you'll have to purchase a special SMS or Amex lego set to do the job. I'm off to legoland on Thursday so I'll be able to reevaluate then :thumbsup:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Big laughs indeed. Can you really compare the stadium atmospheres Sim when your only visit to SMS was 6 and a half years ago to see Saints v Albion. The crowd was like 20k and both teams were in a far worse state than now. Indeed many an Albion fans has commented positively on the level of atmosphere/noise at SMS over the previous two seasons Saints v Alb games.

What was with all the empty seats for the Utd game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here