Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with your job?

D

Deleted member 18477

I like what I'm doing Monday afternoon to Friday.

Monday mornings can f*** right off though. I'd hate most 'normal' jobs on a Monday morning!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Love it but the money's not great currently. That said I don't do many hours and love the few I do so take it for now for sure :) Maybe one day with a family I'll have to work harder but hopefully still enjoy the majority of it

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I was happy but am being made redundant in six weeks and am thinking of going self employed. Now know what I want to do, and with a lot of hard work will hopefully make a successful go of it.

D

Deleted member 18477

I was happy but am being made redundant in six weeks and am thinking of going self employed. Now know what I want to do, and with a lot of hard work will hopefully make a successful go of it.

I've always wondered what I'd do if made redundant. What is it you're doing if you don't mind me asking?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've always wondered what I'd do if made redundant. What is it you're doing if you don't mind me asking?

I think if I was made redundant I would look to a totally different job

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'm 42 with 3 kids and I earn fair to good money. We have 2 holidays a year and don't really want for much. However good living isn't easy and we struggle sometimes to maintain what we have. I work bloody hard for my family to have this, and would not have it any other way.

My wife works part time and I sometimes feel that if she went full time things would be easier, but why should she. We are happy as things are, the Albion helps me to let off the steam others take out on each other and she see's it's healthy for me to have that release.

I am happy with my job and happy with life, but a lotto win would help.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Been doing my job for 23 years now. I'm a white goods engineer.
Have to say, while (I think) I'm bloody good at what I do...20+ years of doing this job has taken it's toll on my body.My knees and back are f***ed up.

the noises I used to make when having sex, I now make when getting out of bed in the morning :smile:

recently been promoted to deputy area manager now though, so spend a lot of my time off the road, dealing with engineers that can't think for themselves.

while this is a break from the physical side of the job, it's a lot more stressful.

given a choice..I just wanna win the lottery and be a BUM

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am a warehouse manager currently. My new set up will include national forktruck instructor training, also health & safety training in the workplace and provide services through my many contacts in the logistics industry. I will be a one man set up and do all the training myself.
I will also get truck training jobs through a contact. May work may not but I need to try. Fed up of putting money in other people pockets.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm 42 with 3 kids and I earn fair to good money. We have 2 holidays a year and don't really want for much. However good living isn't easy and we struggle sometimes to maintain what we have. I work bloody hard for my family to have this, and would not have it any other way.

My wife works part time and I sometimes feel that if she went full time things would be easier, but why should she. We are happy as things are, the Albion helps me to let off the steam others take out on each other and she see's it's healthy for me to have that release.

I am happy with my job and happy with life, but a lotto win would help.

I think you have a near perfect 'normal' family life there. Something I'd want when I have a family in the future. Fair to good money, g/f or Wife working part time but can still be there more for kids, house etc. 1-2 holidays a year and still go to the football to let off steam like you said. Which again like you said its healthy. Gotta de-stress somehow!

We'd all love to win the lotto but as long as you're happy enough that's the main thing!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think you have a near perfect 'normal' family life there. Something I'd want when I have a family in the future. Fair to good money, g/f or Wife working part time but can still be there more for kids, house etc. 1-2 holidays a year and still go to the football to let off steam like you said. Which again like you said its healthy. Gotta de-stress somehow!

We'd all love to win the lotto but as long as you're happy enough that's the main thing!

Think we are near on perfect as well, eldest leaves for the USA in July, we have plenty of good holidays and wife is an HLTA so gets good money as well

D

Deleted member 18477

Think we are near on perfect as well, eldest leaves for the USA in July, we have plenty of good holidays and wife is an HLTA so gets good money as well

Yea sounds good. Where in america and why is he going to the US? Obviously everyone will see perfect in different light but I'm sure the majority will know what we mean.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Told "the man" I don't need his job anymore last week. Bloody hope I've done the right thing.

Well done! What will you do next?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I love my job now, I repair medical equipment and used to work for a company that I liked and had a job I found interesting and enjoyed, and then a new female boss started, and that all changed. She turned out to be the most two faced, manipulative, back stabber I've ever met and i loathed monday mornings. everyone at my former employers was treated poorly by this woman but she seemed to pick out certain group of people, which i was one, that she reserved her special vitriol for. But I moved to a rival company April last year and its a bloody great place to work. Relaxed, more money and working with a great bunch of people who were also driven out by this woman and more of them to defect to us as well.
Roll on tomorrow morning :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I love my job now, I repair medical equipment and used to work for a company that I liked and had a job I found interesting and enjoyed, and then a new female boss started, and that all changed. She turned to be the most two faced, manipulative, back stabber I've ever met and i loathed monday mornings. everyone at my former employers was treated poorly by this woman but she seemed to pick out certain group of people, which i was one, that she reserved her special vitriol for. But I moved to a rival company April last year and its a bloody great place to work. Relaxed, more money and working a great bunch of people who were also driven out by this woman and more of them to defect as well.
Roll on tomorrow morning :)

Managers do make a lot of difference around three years ago I had a superb lady manager who was quite brilliant but she left as she said she was fed up telling everyone what they did not want to hear. Then had a grade a arsehole who was a complete twat followed by several others.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'd prefer not to have to do my job, and unless a cure for MS is developed at least I'm redundancy-proof, I spend masses more time with my boy as he's growing up than I did before being a carer for my mrs. Money is dreadful, but at least I get on with my boss (most of the time :) )

Definitely a different challenge from managing a garage :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here