Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with your job?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes I can say I am happy with my work. I get to do travel to Ireland and mainland Europe putting in Data Center Monitoring and Cloud bits and bobs to link in with the Global Infrastructure of the company. I deal with Change Management on top of that and enjoy to a certain degree that side of things. Been there 13 years this year.

It doesn't really interfere with my home life too much ( apart from being away a couple of days at a time) and am left to my own devices a lot of the time. I can WFH and am paid a decent crack for my age and experience.

All in all I am happy ( I am not smug as I know it could all change tomorrow and at 54 I am under no illusions about trying to get something else if it came to it) My only concern really is keeping my health steady and wondering what income I will have when I eventually retire ( which could either be 11 years or at the current rate over 15 years)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
nope. I'm a support worker for adults with severe learning difficulties, which is stressful enough as it is.

dont get me wrong, the clients are all great and i love that side of the job.

what i cant stand is the politics that goes with it, and being called on my day off. I do on average at least 50 hour weeks (not including 'sleep ins') and today was my first day off in 12 days.The office have called me three times* already asking me to do overtime. They dont seem to understand people want to spend time at home, my wife is 9 months pregnant and needs me too and they're aware of this.

thankful of job, rewarding etc etc but everyone needs a bit of downtime without being bugged. I dont get paid anywhere near enough to be on call 24/7!

*four times

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very happy even though my 'job' is owning/running a business that currently gives 13 other people employment.

As long as they're happy, I'm happy as it eliminates the time and effort required for recruitment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here