Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
:thud: :shootself:

Are you deliberately trying to come across as a complete penis, or does it just come naturally to you ?

So you are happy that it's taken 8 years....no actually Bellotti kicked off the process so probably nearly 15 years for us to get to the stage we are now?

Got to be down to poor management!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Even the club apologists on here have admitted as much. I think its fairly obvious to anyone planning applications don't take that long, no matter who objects or who has made mistakes.

Still, none of this matters because I now know the stadium will have 16 lifts and people can get married there.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the fact there are still 6 more applications (which, if they are a matter of course, why do people need to write in?) and the £40m stadium is now in excess of £50m.

They said no such thing.

They said they could have done things BETTER - but not necessarily quicker. I can think of a few reasons, but none fall back on the club. Most fall on either the opponents or the government - including taking nearly two years to re-approve the scheme.

So, how could the club have done it quicker?

Planning applications don't generally take this long, but there have taken longer ones - Brighton Marina took ten years, Arsenal's was seven years, and they're still in breach of some of their planning conditions. Portsmouth's was 10 years, and they still got rejected.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wasn't going to post again on this thread but I feel I have to...

Leave Brighton along the Lewes Road, when you get to Falmer turn off towards the university. Park your car and look to your right.

Do you see a 22k all seater stadium?

Need any more BACKING up?

You're just embarrassing yourself now. You should have stuck to your original idea of not posting on here again.

When you know what you're on about, and stop dealing in lies by re-writing history, then you might be taken seriously. Until then, you will be considered the joke that you are.

It's up to you.

Even the club apologists on here have admitted as much. I think its fairly obvious to anyone planning applications don't take that long, no matter who objects or who has made mistakes.

Still, none of this matters because I now know the stadium will have 16 lifts and people can get married there.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the fact there are still 6 more applications (which, if they are a matter of course, why do people need to write in?) and the £40m stadium is now in excess of £50m.

If you had bothered to have gone along, you would seen evidence of the massive amount of work that is required to get a project of this magnitude off the ground, and why we are still a few months off breaking ground. Your petty sniping really is pretty insulting to everyone who has worked their arses off this project.

This was not an ordinary planning applications and its extended duration is mostly down to an admin error by the DPM and the politcally motivated delaying tactics of LDC who knew they would not win the case but just wanted to cripple the Albion with delays.

As for the 6 new applications, none are controversial but all are required by law. It is the way things are done. it is highly unlikely that brighton & hove council will refuse any of them as they enthusiastic supporters of the stadium, but hey a few more letters would'nt hurt would it?

However, ultimately we are going to end up with a genuine Community Stadium of which we can all be very proud, and I hope that even you Timbo will look forward to taking your seat in this fantastic new building.

This smiley is overused on this thread, but it is very appropriate.

:thud:

You are entirely correct. No planning application in the WHOLE world, EVER, has EVER taken this long. I think we should sack EVERYBODY. That will speed the whole thing up. FFS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So you are happy that it's taken 8 years....no actually Bellotti kicked off the process so probably nearly 15 years for us to get to the stage we are now?

Got to be down to poor management!

In your rather warped, simplified mind I suppose it is. But those of us who are in possession of a fully functioning organ between our ears are well aware of the facts over why it has taken this long. I'd suggest you read up on it, but I fear there would be little point as you seem utterly incapable of grasping the most simple of concepts, and as we have seen from this thread, anything you don't understand or don't agree with, you just ignore. Which is why you keep on posting such utter gibberish.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You're just embarrassing yourself now. You should have stuck to your original idea of not posting on here again.

When you know what you're on about, and stop dealing in lies by re-writing history, then you might be taken seriously. Until then, you will be considered the joke that you are.

It's up to you.

And you are the authority on these matters are you?

I think quite a few people have taken me seriously, yourself included, given the replies I've had to my posts.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why, with all respect to those who are doing so, do people feel any great need to respond to these two clowns? It's not as if they're ever going to say "ok, I'm convinced", or words to that effect. They're obviously desperately craving attention more than anything else, but are entirely undeserving of any, IMHO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Alan,

Did anyone consider the Children Of Mile Oak? Im afraid I couldnt get there yesterday.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Why, with all respect to those who are doing so, do people feel any great need to respond to these two clowns? It's not as if they're ever going to say "ok, I'm convinced", or words to that effect. They're obviously desperately craving attention more than anything else, but are entirely undeserving of any, IMHO.

I'll post this again as I can't be arsed to write something similar. The club is dying on its arse, people are leaving in droves and everyone keeps banging on about what a great job everyones doing.

No need! Because I am now convinced by all the happy clappys that the club can indeed do no wrong, ever. I will join you and the other couple of thousand superfans in a couple of years time, when Falmer still hasn't been started, standing in the rain at Withdean with my knitted blinkers on, not noticing that all the other fans have gone away.

Bobble hats away!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

It's up to you.

TLO?

Can I say that I think you are wonderful?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think some people just realise that last night was a bit of a waste of time. From reading the reports of last night it seems that the top story was the earth shattering revalation about where the top soil will be tipped.

I don't think I have lied anywhere either. In my opinion, the process could have been run through quicker In other peoples opinion it couldn't.

If you couldnt be bothered to attend last night, that's one thing (I accept that not everyone could go) but to not go, then suggest that last night was a waste of time is frankly absurd.

Did Perry and Co make the right decision at every turn, probably not, but there are two things you can be certain about,, firstly Mssrs Perry and Knight have worked harder to bring us a new stadium than you can possibly imagine (last night would have given you a flavour of that, but of course, you didn't go).

The second thing that is for certain is that if you want to look somewhere to opportion blame, look no further than LDC and FPC - they caused 90% of the delays on the project, dwarfing any delays caused by potentially poor decisions made by the Albion management team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't see any point in sniping now, let's all look forward to the new ground in 2 years time.
Of course if things go down the pan then it's time to seek retribution but until they do or if they do I shall look forward to the 2010/11 and a new ground at last.

someone has hacked Ernest's account again

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Did Perry and Co make the right decision at every turn, probably not, but there are two things you can be certain about,, firstly Mssrs Perry and Knight have worked harder to bring us a new stadium than you can possibly imagine (last night would have given you a flavour of that, but of course, you didn't go).

People seem to go all misty eyed when they talk about what Martin Perry has done for the club like he has done it all from the kindness of his own heart.

He has been paid for God knows how long to acheive this. Before anyone starts, No, I don't know how much, but I suspect it's some way above the minimum wage. You've got to ask wether the club is getting value for money?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Dunno.
Its like an itch that just HAS to be scratched. I agree though, it is all getting a bit pointless. The stadium is on the way, the board have delivered and the club now has a future. Thats all that matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here