Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going to the Falmer Forum at Hove Town Hall on Tuesday?

Will you be at the Falmer Forum on Tuesday

• Yes

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Hang on ........just off to the other thread to get some info!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Repitition is a well known and proven method when teaching people with learning difficulties.

I go back to the point I made originally, HAD you bothered to attend last night, maybe, just maybe, you'd begin to understand.

I go back to the point I made originally, HAD you bothered to attend last night, maybe, just maybe, you'd begin to understand.

What the f*** are you on about? Do you fancy answering my questions? At the moment you are making it sound like it was some secret meeting which nobody knows anything about unless you were there!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So tell me, what did you learn from last night that I don't know about?

Just out of interest did they tell you how much the £40m stadium is going to cost?

1) The price of steel has doubled inside the last two years
2) A new flyover is required
3) The railway bridge work would typically need 3 years notice to build
4) The price of the stadium is expected to exceed £50M
5) New regulations are being passed all the time, which the club have to adhere to
6) An access road to Sussex Uni needs to be widened
7) We have something like 40 staff working on the project on a daily basis
8) City College will take the building to the left of the main stadium (as looking from the railway station)
9) We have planning permission to extend the stadium further
10) There will be 3 park and ride schemes for Falmer
11) The stadium name will be sponsored, but will include Community Stadium in it's title
12) Fans will be able to hire the "Executive" dining areas for free on non match days
13) We got to see the Stadium "from the inside"

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think if you posture less aggressively you may get your answer.
As if. Anyway, I thought we were ignoring the pointless ones?

If I was in charge of building this stadium I would not tell the fans how much it cost, where the money was coming from or what the breakeven point was in terms of attendance figures. They would get their stadium when it was ready, and it would be in my financial interest to make that as soon as possible. I think the mistake this board have made is to try to be too open, now people expect to know every detail at every point in time which is quite frankly impossible. I guess it is a general problem with our modern society, insignificant people believe they should be made to feel like the centre of the universe, when it doesn't happen they get bitter and upset.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't see how I've been agressive, just stated a different opinion. On the other hand I've just found out I've got learning disabilities.

Difficulties my dear, not disabilities

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
If I was in charge of building this stadium I would not tell the fans how much it cost, where the money was coming from or what the breakeven point was in terms of attendance figures. They would get their stadium when it was ready, and it would be in my financial interest to make that as soon as possible. I think the mistake this board have made is to try to be too open, now people expect to know every detail at every point in time which is quite frankly impossible. I guess it is a general problem with our modern society, insignificant people believe they should be made to feel like the centre of the universe, when it doesn't happen they get bitter and upset.

Bravo...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not sure what the first bit means.

The rest of it is disappointing. If you hadn't noticed we only get about 4.5k per game nowadays. Still 16 lifts eh?

Ah, so seeing as we only have 4,500 people attending the worst league stadium in England, it follows we don't need one five times bigger (and better)? Lewes DC tried that argument as well.

The limit of your scope refers to the fact that all you wanted was for people to tick a few boxes linked to your own scorn and derision. Yeah, we got that - good for you - but you don't know what else we go last night because you weren't there.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
. I guess it is a general problem with our modern society, insignificant people believe they should be made to feel like the centre of the universe, when it doesn't happen they get bitter and upset.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I guess it is a general problem with our modern society, insignificant people believe they should be made to feel like the centre of the universe, when it doesn't happen they get bitter and upset.

All I can do is apologise for having a different opinion. So sorry, it won't happen again.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
All I can do is apologise for having a different opinion. So sorry, it won't happen again.

It's got nothing to do with having a different opinion. On two occasions you made derogatory comments about the content of last nights meeting (about the lifts and the topsoil), yet you didn't attend that meeting.

Fine, slag the meeting off if you'd actually attended it, no problem.

Also, you must understand that this is an emotive subject. It's not like we're discussing the weather, this is subject matter close to everyone's heart so you're likely to get passionate responses.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here