Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Bothered About Diana

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"May the angels lead you to heaven" from Requiem

absolutely sublime piece of music. Brilliant to sing...Faure was a really accomplished composer.

Done Requiem many times.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
She affected my life. I got woken up from a hangover to be told the news. We had to go to Layer Road on a Monday evening and my then wife made me drive to Kensington so she could leave some flowers and a teddy bear. I wasn't allowed to mow the lawn while the service was on and I was even persuaded to go to Althorp to see the pathetic memorial and museum there.

Didn't care then and care even less now. And it's not a republican angle for me. She wasn't good enough for Charles and he has now found his happiness. Good luck to him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Pfft. I don't doubt that she was a person who did good things, I don't hold against her the fact that she was a slag (everyones entitled to be if they so wish), but to suggest that her death was in any way more untimely than so many others is shite.

But the 30 years since Elvis stuff recently was far worse. A whole night's tv ruined on ALL available channels.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I care about her precisely the same amount she cared about me...... nothing. Although I did end up watching the funeral on TV out of a certain morbid curiosity, and remember thinking how increasingly bizzare the whole atmosphere and mass outpouring of gush was. A terrible waste of flowers.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Felt sad for her kids at the time, but some peoples reaction was completely out of all proportion. I was just gutted we didn't get an official holiday as a day of mourning !

Should definitely be left to Rest in Peace now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we played cricket at east Brighton park after her funeral, and some old biddies started having a go at us for being "disrespectful".

People dying is sad, and all that - at least for family and friends. But what was/is Diana to me? Nothing.

All she ever was, was a spectacularly stupid sloane who agreed to act as a breeding machine for the shallowest gene pool ever likely to exist - and she didn't particularly deepen it, for that matter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was never a fan of hers when she was alive, so I was certainly never going to change my tune when she was dead.

It's funny, given that Mother Teresa died the same year, and did far more for charitable causes and the less privileged than Diana ever did (and never sought publicity or attention for it), I don't see anyone organising a memorial for the saintly nun's life, nor the BBC devoting a day's programming to covering it.

All those people queuing up outside Kensington Palace today, to place yet more flowers and home-made posters on the fence: I can only conclude they are comprised of the entire readership of the Daily Express, as nobody else I know is remotely interested. Probably still pushing their ludicrous conspiracy theories too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
People dying is sad, and all that - at least for family and friends. But what was/is Diana to me? Nothing.

All she ever was, was a spectacularly stupid sloane who agreed to act as a breeding machine for the shallowest gene pool ever likely to exist - and she didn't particularly deepen it, for that matter.

:lolol: nearly dropped my can. Brilliant

no interest at all I'm afraid although the missus bursts into tears at the mention of her name

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm in agreement, Does not interest me in the slightest.

Mohammed Fayed is an irritating bastard who should be deported back to Eygpt.

My happennies worth.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
It's funny, given that Mother Teresa died the same year, and did far more for charitable causes and the less privileged than Diana ever did (and never sought publicity or attention for it), I don't see anyone organising a memorial for the saintly nun's life, nor the BBC devoting a day's programming to covering it.

Because she was a wrinkled old crone. Women did not want to be like her and men certainly did not want to be with her! :p

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I'm in agreement, Does not interest me in the slightest.

Mohammed Fayed is an irritating bastard who should be deported back to Eygpt.

My happennies worth.

Wonder if the Egyptian shopkeeper ever thinks about the copious amounts of other men's porridge that his son was slopping around in? Do you think the other men that she shagged get together to swap memories about doing her over the back seat of the Range Rover? Or in Will Carling's case, in the boot. She certainly wasn't shy in chucking it around - she must have had a fanny like a wizard's sleeve.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wonder if the Egyptian shopkeeper ever thinks about the copious amounts of other men's porridge that his son was slopping around in? Do you think the other men that she shagged get together to swap memories about doing her over the back seat of the Range Rover? Or in Will Carling's case, in the boot. She certainly wasn't shy in chucking it around - she must have had a fanny like a wizard's sleeve.

I agree, shes had more pork than a wayward rabbi and most the blokes shes f***ed were as mentally gifted as she was, what a mess.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
And this is why. Look at this ****. I'm sorry, but he simply needs slapping back to reality.

_44089624_ken_ap2.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a complete prize twat FFS

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
And this is why. Look at this ****. I'm sorry, but he simply needs slapping back to reality.

_44089624_ken_ap2.jpg

THAT is everything that's wrong with all this.

Diana did NOT die a princess, she was unfaithful (look at harry), and im sure shed be just as embarrassed as all the sane people are in this country as to the crap we've had to deal with over the last 10 YEARS. that's HALF my life!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

_44089624_ken_ap2.jpg

Thats a walking advert for forced sterilisation. She was a dumb, slimeball shagging manipulator who used to stare on camera with her dow eyes to win over the emotionally rabid but feable minded(A classic steriotype of an Express reader btw).

I bet even franks shagged her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here