Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Bothered About Diana

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
to quote my father on hearing news of her death...

'I always thought that she was a silly bitch. And now she's a dead silly bitch'

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I at the time was saddened by her death, I saw her back in 1982 when she visited my local community hall. It is now far to OTT and time to leave her in memory instead of banging on about how she was the peoples princess and queen of hearts,:yawn::yawn:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The Daily Express has excelled itself today on the front page, managing to get double whammy headlines in of Princess Diana AND Madelaine McCann.

Dont know exactly who they are aiming the paper at nowadays, but way to go guys.

Has anyone got the current Private Eye?

The cover made me laugh out loud, and coupled with some of the bits in the first few pages, sums up exactly what's wrong with the Express (apart from the obvious...)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Having just listened to Harry... I hope my kids can say the same about me when I'm gone.

Ooh look... Sir Cliff is there. and Gordon Brown looking scruffy and miserable :D

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have very strong views on this - I don't give a shit about her, her legacy or whatever.

It's what she would have wanted.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and love descant trumpets... so inspiring to sing with.

ooh... and there is Sir Elton too, how nice.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
is always sad when a mother leaves two children. but she was indeed a media whore and a member of the establishment. so i did not shed a tear. and this time its just ridiculous.

on a more practical note, will we get a day off when liz ii croaks?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
what's Brown doing there, he should be running the country not singing about someone who's been dead ten years :angry:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not me, it should be for family and friends only.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Didn't care at the time, care less now. The Express, with it's ever dwindling circulation, is the only thing which keeps dragging this out. All this "People's Princess" bollocks was media inspired. It's sad when someone dies, but that's it, it does not require a national outpouring of grief. As for all this "She's an angel looking down on us" shite - she's not, she's underground, she's rotted away, and she's a f***ing pile of bones. Some of these people need slapping back to reality. None of these people knew her, they swallowed the shit they were fed by the media, and then they swallowed Diana II - Dead And Buried. Life. Get one.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is anyone else finding it hard to choose between the BBC coverage of the Memorial Service and Tommy Boyd's tribute hour on SCR....?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How much longer can the Express put Diana headlines on their front page.

I was 13 when Diana died and the thing that pissed me off most was that I had just bought a Sega Saturn which only worked on the downstairs TV but of course my parents insisted on watching the news........so unfair! She denied me a day of playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here