Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Bothered About Diana

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It was all quite sad at the time but you have to move on at some point.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
about as bothered about her as i am about the price of tomato ketchup in peru.

I hear its rediculous BTW:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have no problem with people wanting to celebrate her life per se....its all the bollox concerning that trollop Camilla that really gets me.

having sai dall that Big Brother final is on tonight and I am sure more people will tune in to that than listen to some sanctimoniuos twerp wittering on about how she was "the People's Princess" - no she wasn't.....she was a toff who happened to like touching people as opposed to the rest of them who wouldnt be seen dead touching the "people"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I hear its rediculous BTW:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have no problem with people wanting to celebrate her life per se....its all the bollox concerning that trollop Camilla that really gets me.

having sai dall that Big Brother final is on tonight and I am sure more people will tune in to that than listen to some sanctimoniuos twerp wittering on about how she was "the People's Princess" - no she wasn't.....she was a toff who happened to like touching people as opposed to the rest of them who wouldnt be seen dead touching the "people"

Sauce ?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
about as bothered about her as i am about the price of tomato ketchup in peru.

ten years ago we lived in egypt and i am pleased that we missed out all the national blubbing and wailing and whatever went on. didn't all the shops close for her funeral or something?

its sad she died and left those two boys with no mother, and i am sorry for them but i couldn't care less about what hymn is being played at a service nor who is attending.

I was left without a mother when I was 13. Unfortunately I like most people on the planet was not high profiled enought to have a memorial service FOR HER at the drop of a hat.

You lot have my sympathy for when queenie finally pops her clogs. 24 hour station to station of memorials and memories and whatever else they can think off.

As Heffle Gulls son said SHE'S DEAD GET OVER IT.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I personally don't commemorate any dead at all. My mother has been dead about 15 years, my father about 8 years. I have never been back to their grave since the day they were burried. Why anyone does I don't know. Yes, of course I miss them and I have my moments of terrible sadness, but they're gone, they're not coming back, why wallow in pity? Maybe harsh, but thats my opinion.

Pretty much matches my sentiments. I miss my Mum terribly, but I'm not going to go on about it.

Oh, I just have. Sorry.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The Daily Express has excelled itself today on the front page, managing to get double whammy headlines in of Princess Diana AND Madelaine McCann.

Dont know exactly who they are aiming the paper at nowadays, but way to go guys.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
At least we have the memory of that "fairytale wedding" to look back on:

49566786b87e934d54mln8.jpg

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Daily Express has excelled itself today on the front page, managing to get double whammy headlines in of Princess Diana AND Madelaine McCann.

Two long-dead people on one front page, couldn't they add Churchill or the Queen Mum just for good measure?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a tragedy for someone to die at 37, it shouldn't happen, saying I did not give a shit at the time is a bit callous, but lots of people die young, I know of about 6 blokes under 50 who have passed away from NSC members alone at least in the last few years.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
To go one step further than those who didn't care when she died, I was actually PLEASED. Pleased to the extent, in fact, that I held an informal gathering of family and friends where we quaffed Bucks Fizz all afternoon and munched on little cubes of pineapple and cheese placed on those little sticks.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The day of the funeral was fantastic. I went for a long cycle ride - and there was no traffic on the road - it was an absolute joy. It was a glorious day and to belt along with not a care for any traffic was fantastic. There were a few like-minded citizens out - who greeted each other with cheery waves.

And what Simster said.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its a tragedy for someone to die at 37, it shouldn't happen, saying I did not give a shit at the time is a bit callous, but lots of people die young, I know of about 6 blokes under 50 who have passed away from NSC members alone at least in the last few years.

I think it's not the actual passing people were ambivalent towards, it was more the grief fascism that followed. It did my f***ing nut in at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here