Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we alowed to critisise CKR on here yet?

Debo

Jan 27, 2006
crawley
To compare CKR to Bobby Zamora, as some have, is so grossly unfair.

Knowing what I know of CKR the above statement would not phase him. Speaking to people at the club he does amazing things in training (he knows it as well this often irritates the other player and even some of the staff).

Even so almost everyone at the club will tell he has fantastic ability. They all should be working posotivley to cultivate this with a balance, into our game .

To the question of am I close to CKR? I'm close to everyone. Just think it's time he got a bit more personal support.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Debo said:

To the question of am I close to CKR? I'm close to everyone. Just think it's time he got a bit more personal support.

Debo is the clipboard kid

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :lolol: :lolol:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Debo said:

Me to, this guy could be f***ing unbelievable for us!! Look at the goals he has scored, he is talented and we need to bring out his best!!!

CKR my lord!! :bowdown:

Albion Rob

Debo said:
To compare CKR to Bobby Zamora, as some have, is so grossly unfair.

Knowing what I know of CKR the above statement would not phase him. Speaking to people at the club he does amazing things in training (he knows it as well this often irritates the other player and even some of the staff).

Even so almost everyone at the club will tell he has fantastic ability. They all should be working posotivley to cultivate this with a balance, into our game .

I really, really, really hope you're right that it doesn't faze him as I reckon we've got a rough diamond in CKR who, once polished, is going to emulate what Zamora did.

I look forward to two CKR goals on Saturday and three points in the bag.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm looking forward to seeing Kaz score the goals that keeps us up, and even moreso towards the great days he has to offer in the future...

As was suggested in a few texts and pm's i received, I can categorically state that I am not Debo btw!

Debo

Jan 27, 2006
crawley
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I do hope the player who tried to hurt ckr on purpose is on his way to the exit

You would then be very suprised to find out who it is. but I don't think you will want him gone, as he is a player everyone on this board is hoping the club can find a way to keep permenantly. The tackle has been descibed by some at the club as horrific and out of order.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Debo said:
You would then be very suprised to find out who it is. but I don't think you will want him gone, as he is a player everyone on this board is hoping the club can find a way to keep permenantly. The tackle has been descibed by some at the club as horrific and out of order.

I had thought possibly the Ginger Prince, as he is on his way at the end of the season unless things changed drastically, and I would imagion CKR runs rings around him and makes him look as poor as his is on a daily basis!!

But by that post it sounds like McShane! :eek:

Debo

Jan 27, 2006
crawley
gvce26 said:
I had thought possibly the Ginger Prince, as he is on his way at the end of the season unless things changed drastically, and I would imagion CKR runs rings around him and makes him look as poor as his is on a daily basis!!

But by that post it sounds like McShane! :eek:

I wouldn't say he was poor, but can't dispute the rest. I have seen with my own eyes there are many days when noone can get near him, this irritates a lot of people from time to time as he is telling them before it happens. I think he feels that he is being ask to do things that does not always help him to do well. His sole instruction before a recent game was, get the ball give it to seb. I'm sure that really inspired him.

Debo, you are clearly suggesting that McShane purposely tried to injure CKR. Why would anyone want to do this? What would it achieve? Either you are straight up (which is f***ing worrying) or you have your own private agenda which is also quite worrying.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Im sorry but i dont care who it is you can not have players doing that.

Get Magoo to have a row with them and ship them out.

We can save another players wages then :clap2: :rolleyes:

Lokki 7 said:
Debo, you are clearly suggesting that McShane purposely tried to injure CKR. Why would anyone want to do this? What would it achieve? Either you are straight up (which is f***ing worrying) or you have your own private agenda which is also quite worrying.

I'm sure it's not that dramatic. It's someone close to CKR who has overreacted to a training ground accident. Debo, frankly, you are doing no favours to your boy airing this stuff on here.

Debo, how about following the example of Race, eh? She participates in this messageboard without feeling the need to push agendas against other players or reveal training ground stuff that is best kept inside the camp. It doesn't leave a good taste in the mouth.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I'm sure it's not that dramatic. It's someone close to CKR who has overreacted to a training ground accident. Debo, frankly, you are doing no favours to your boy airing this stuff on here.

Debo, how about following the example of Race, eh? She participates in this messageboard without feeling the need to push agendas against other players or reveal training ground stuff that is best kept inside the camp. It doesn't leave a good taste in the mouth.

I agree with you :down:

Debo said:
Seem like thats all most of want to do on here. Are we try to say yesterday was down to ckr and the forwards, thats BOLLOCKS. Was someone giving a match winning performance that was thwarted by ckr. I must of missed that

The facts are we are a poor side at the minute for a number of reasons, CKR came on and played about 33 mins yet a lot of the vile seems to be directed at him.

This obviously means we were better for the previous 57. I think not. Away from ckr and Seb we have a very low skill factor. This could still be enough if only seb didn't do ten tricks before crossing instead of simply getting a good ball in ball early, (every time he checks back another player gets back behind the ball when an early cross would often only leave our forwards competing 1v1 against player instead of 4 or 5).

Meanwhile the forwards have to keep trying to regenerate their runs often ending up in the wrong place when the ball finally arrives. This is were it is important that other players make timed run into the box, as mccammon stated it is up to the whole team to score, but also for the team to play to the strenghts of such forwards.

So lets look at how we play.

Until the introduction of Lynch and El-Abd at full back, our defence got continuously mudered by pace FACT.

The players in the full back position were often (almost always) left on their own to face a winger who had the beating of them. Look at the goals against Cardiff home and away Norwich at home Sheffield u at home, Reading away, Millwall oh my god, Coventry in the cup (and MM blamed the forwards) sure there's a couple more. Funny thing is we scored in all but one of thse games.

Seen both Mayo and Reid struggle against pace in some of these games unable to cope with the player running at them, most of you would say it's because there slow. No its because the cover offered is minimal. One of the centre backs should be telling the fullback to hold the up while he comes across to offer cover this can't happen because the one centre back who is quick enough to do this is covering the other who isn't. Not a critisism just a fact. This still happens but Lynch and El-Abd are better equipt to cope with it.

For long periods our defence sit on the top of our 18 yard box (why do we not ask why this is on, nsc) this causes our midfied to sit a short distance in front them. Seb then picks up the ball short and the tries to cover the length of the pitch.

Other than this the ball is generally pumped it to the air or meanlessly into for the forwards to fight (and I mean) fight for it.

If we had a centre midfielder that had a good range of passing or one who could travel with the ball instead of lumping it up to the forwards this would help. We need a forward who can hold the ball up, I hear everyone say for how long a week. None of our midfield try to join in or get beyond the forwards when the ball is central to the goal.

We do not have this kind of player, one who changes his feet and or pace very quickly. Deano I hear you say. No not at the moment any way. Seb maybe, when he is not breaking his neck to and from Frutos instead of drawing a player out and quickly slipping as pass through and beyond the defence for the forwards to run on to ckr would definately benifit from this type of play. If he was on the pitch that is.

This type of central play or player would create space for others to work in, as if he beat his own man he would then draw another from one leaving one of our players open.

Obviously its not just as simple as I have written, but we have the potential to chase the pants off of teams the with the abilty Jake and ckr have ESPECIALLY ON THE GROUND. Yet the young forwards we have are being blamed for our downfall. Shame on mm the fans for this.

There are a lot worse players in the team than those two yet they constanly get hammered. Did Chippy play yesterday didn't see him or Deano. Poor display all round wonder who would of got the blame if the gaffer had not made any changes? Him maybe. So it just gets shifted.

Back to CKR who I would suggest is not happy with a lot on and off the field at the moment.

Yet he who broke his neck to get fit for this game after being purposely smashed to peices by one of his own players in training last week and almost fully recoved from a tackle that would have had many out for months (if you don't believe me ask Race).

I aslo have come to learn that had it not not been for the one year tie in to the CC deal, there are a couple of teams who would of tried to take him already (at least one from the league above) on his displays for us. So he must have something, maybe we need to play to his strengths which going by the goals he scores, is getting the ball in front of him especially to his feet.

I think we need to look at the whole picture without picking on the same old few. Not always in agreement with Mccamon but he is right when he says negitivity does affect the team especially the younger players.

We can help them to get better or we can cause them to get worse. Without doubt CKR has great ability but if we are expecting him to just manifest this without total support from us his teamates and the management it will not happen for him at this club.

I for one will wishing for the best everytime he walks on the pitch.

I dont believe everyone else is. And from what I hear he doesn't think so either.

OK, interesting comments - and you are calling it as you see it, and it's good and fascinating to read someone saying some analytical things about the team with a real bit of passion.

First off, I don't think there is an actual widespread witch-hunt against CKR going on here on NSC, along the lines that Butters/Oatway had to put up with in the past or McCammon more recently. Sure, a few people might have wanted to start one, but it didn't get very far, did it? Most on here see him as a talented player who is developing and are generous in their judgements.

Yes, of course other parts of the team have weaknesses, that's obvious. But team-work is about lessening those weaknesses and compensating for them.

Yes, you are probably right about the full-backs and the need for pace, that's why we've arrived at the current guys now. But I think your anti-Butters remarks are a bit wide of the mark. Yes, we all know that we will defend deep on occasions to protect against pacy breaks on him, but his leadership, technical skill and ability to read the game contribute hugely to the solidity of our defence and help McShane with his game, just as McShane will return the favour on areas Butters is weak on.

Yes, our central midfielders are no Jason Koumases, you are not telling us something we don't already know (such players are beyond our budget). That's why we have the wingers and Reidy (comments on his Leeds performance, Debo?) to launch our attacking play. Yes, that does mean our forwards having to put in hard, fighting shifts up front, that is inevitable. Maybe we are about to sign some new pros who can help us do that better.

CKR may well be frustrated at no getting starts, which footballer isn't? But just as fans maybe expect too much from him too quickly, maybe CKR is a bit guilty of that too, towards himself? McGhee was very clear at the beginning of the season that he thought CKR would contribute goals to our campaign, but he warned fans not to expect him to do that consistently given his age and rawness. That has proven to be a good warning, CKR has bags of talent but is still learning his trade (as is Jake) and, really, such developing players have no divine right to be in the team week in, week out, when there are good, established pros like OGH and Carole ahead of them.

Those close to CKR should be teaching him the virtues of discipline, hard work and patience - those 3 things combined with his undoubted rich talent could well make him another Zamora for us, the raw talent is undoubtedly there as you so rightly say Debo, but not just quite yet.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
CKR WILL be the real deal, he looks the type who will improve and learn. He also has an eye for a great goal. To criticise a young player who is very amenable to the fans is abhorent in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here