Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we alowed to critisise CKR on here yet?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: are we alowed to critisise CKR on here yet?

Uncle C said:
Sorry, didn't realise that moaning at you would affect your performance in the crowd at the next game and probably cost us points.:eek:

definately.

i am now totally demotivated and am going into our car park to eat worms....:down: :down: :down:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't think he lacks a first touch at all. Sometimes his ball control is superb, and he's also very good running at people.

However, he seems better at doing the difficult things i.e. he'll hit a peach of a 30 yard pass or bloot one in from outside the box, but then tap a six yard lay-off straight to a defender almost every time.

Maybe that means he needs to concentrate on the basics more until the easy balls are second nature. You'd think the coaches would not be over-worried about that sort of problem.... he's got the skill, just needs fine-tuning. See how he does in his second season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave

All our strikers are shite mate

FACT

CK-R 5
Knight 5
Robinson 2
Carole 2
Hart 1
McPhee 0

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
trueblue said:
I don't think he lacks a first touch at all. Sometimes his ball control is superb, and he's also very good running at people.

However, he seems better at doing the difficult things i.e. he'll hit a peach of a 30 yard pass or bloot one in from outside the box, but then tap a six yard lay-off straight to a defender almost every time.

Maybe that means he needs to concentrate on the basics more until the easy balls are second nature. You'd think the coaches would not be over-worried about that sort of problem.... he's got the skill, just needs fine-tuning. See how he does in his second season.

Yep. I'd agree with that.

It wasn't one of his better games last night but I still think he's one of our most talented players!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Hadlee said:
Agree with all of that, did not go to Sheff U but he ran them ragged when he was brought on there.

Perhaps he was trying too hard last night ?

He seemed to show an attitude problem last night

Uncle Buck said:
What got me last night was he came on, which was the correct subsitution, but why for Carole (unless he was injured)? Reid was completely pony last night and we finally bring a striker on, so why take off me of the likely points of service in Carole?

Reid, crap? Are you racist against Aussies or something?

Does he have to get a goal and assist in every game to keep his place with you, then? :rolleyes:

Any excuse to have a pop at McGhee, including stepping on Reid.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought Reid was no better or worse. The defence was good but didn't need to turn up, the midfield was pretty devoid of ideas and the attack was non existant, due to the midfield mainly.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Does he have to get a goal and assist in every game to keep his place with you, then? :rolleyes:

Any excuse to have a pop at McGhee, including stepping on Reid.

Sorry Steve, I dared disagree with you, me bad, you great. Is that better.

I felt that he had a poor game last night. I see the logic of playing him there as defensively it gives El-Abd some cover, but too often he slipped into full back mode, when we needed him to get forward and get the ball into the box, but instead you end up with Carole coming out wide and so less bodies in the box.

You see in football you need to get the ball in the net, not touched down over the line and kicking it over the bar is bad in football.

Uncle Buck said:
Sorry Steve, I dared disagree with you, me bad, you great. Is that better.

I felt that he had a poor game last night. I see the logic of playing him there as defensively it gives El-Abd some cover, but too often he slipped into full back mode, when we needed him to get forward and get the ball into the box, but instead you end up with Carole coming out wide and so less bodies in the box.

You see in football you need to get the ball in the net, not touched down over the line and kicking it over the bar is bad in football.

Well, I just think it's a shame you didn't see the ton of work he got through against the 5-man Burnley midfield. That we were not overrun there was down to his contribution and the likes of Hammond playing well.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Well, I just think it's a shame you didn't see the ton of work he got through against the 5-man Burnley midfield. That we were not overrun there was down to his contribution and the likes of Hammond playing well.

I think I pointed out that he worked, just too often he reverted to full back, which was not needed as El-Abd looked steady last night.

The fact is we should have gone for 3 points in the last 20 minutes, we were playing a team in worse form than us and we did not and the substitution made was a like for like, rather than something that might have tweaked the game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:

Oi piers

I hope you weren't having a go at my( almost becoming first) sport there by any chance?

please keep your comments to the game which you know something about.

thankyou

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nah I have retired from cricket due to injury:(

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:

Why with you, does ANY comment against a non British player have to be a racist one ?

Very SAD, no wonder no one takes you seriously anymore.

Actually I thought Reid had a good game last night, I would have taken OGH off, but I am sure you would find something wrong with that too, why you can continuely justify the Carole substitution against an overwhelming view that it was wrong is just beyond me.

Jesus, if McGhee came and did a shit on your desk I am sure you could find a plausible reason to justify it.

I would agree with UB that Reid was the obvious candidate to bring off if we wanted to push for the win. I was very disappointed that Carole was taken off, and that Jake was not given at least 5 mins to run at their tiring defence towards the end.
As far as CKR goes, I don't see why anyone would want to have a pop at him. He is a young lad with real promise doing his best in very tough circumstances. He shows flashes of brilliance which I'm sure will become more common and consistant as he develops. Give the guy a break FFS.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lokki 7 said:
As far as CKR goes, I don't see why anyone would want to have a pop at him. He is a young lad with real promise doing his best in very tough circumstances. He shows flashes of brilliance which I'm sure will become more common and consistant as he develops. Give the guy a break FFS.

Agreed (for once)

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
He was very nervous last night and he seemed to try too hard. He needs to relax a bit and "feel the force" as it were. He seems to have natural skill and one hell of a shot but he's yet to show his full potential consistently. His first touch is not that brilliant yet.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Colin (the skillfull one, who scores good goals) is slagged off whilst troley is hailed as some kind of hero for being a twat on a radio phone-in show - he's our only 'target man' you know. Bullshit, being tall and well built doesn't make you a target man, you have to be able to actually do the job of a target man. Any of our central defenders would do just a good a job as trolley at being a target man, probably better in my opinion but cetainly no less effective. Colin is a million times the player McCammon is.

Honestly, I do wonder if most people on this board are either a) having a wind up or b) on crack.

Uncle Buck said:
I think I pointed out that he worked, just too often he reverted to full back, which was not needed as El-Abd looked steady last night.

The fact is we should have gone for 3 points in the last 20 minutes, we were playing a team in worse form than us and we did not and the substitution made was a like for like, rather than something that might have tweaked the game.

No, the facts are that Cotterill's tactics in playing a 5-man midfield dominated the shape of the game. You know full well that playing Frutos and Carole as wingers isolates Hammond and Carpenter.

Doing that against a 4-man midfield is bad enough, but a 5-man midfield? ???

Cotterill would have loved us to surrender the midfield battle.

Once again, I'm grateful we don't have a manager who walks into obvious traps set by the opposition and is strong enough to ignore siren voices in the stands who seem quite happy to sacrifice hard-won points of ours by naively underrating the opposition. ("Burnley are worse than us" despite their 10th in the table and recent position of 5th).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here