Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

are we alowed to critisise CKR on here yet?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
Colin (the skillfull one, who scores good goals) is slagged off whilst troley is hailed as some kind of hero for being a twat on a radio phone-in show - he's our only 'target man' you know. Bullshit, being tall and well built doesn't make you a target man, you have to be able to actually do the job of a target man. Any of our central defenders would do just a good a job as trolley at being a target man, probably better in my opinion but cetainly no less effective. Colin is a million times the player McCammon is.

Honestly, I do wonder if most people on this board are either a) having a wind up or b) on crack.

who is slagging him off?

i raised some genuine concerns people had last night and asked for observations from people sat in other parts of the ground..FFS

stop trying to read agendas into simple conversation

Rougvie said:
Why with you, does ANY comment against a non British player have to be a racist one ?

That was a reference to Bucky's "McGhee is a racist" thread you goon.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
who is slagging him off?

i raised some genuine concerns people had last night and asked for observations from people sat in other parts of the ground..FFS

stop trying to read agendas into simple conversation

I guess it must have been the thread title 'Are we allowed to criticise CKR yet' that made me think people were criticising him, Dave.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
No, the facts are that Cotterill's tactics in playing a 5-man midfield dominated the shape of the game. You know full well that playing Frutos and Carole as wingers isolates Hammond and Carpenter.

Doing that against a 4-man midfield is bad enough, but a 5-man midfield? ???

Cotterill would have loved us to surrender the midfield battle.

Once again, I'm grateful we don't have a manager who walks into obvious traps set by the opposition and is strong enough to ignore siren voices in the stands who seem quite happy to sacrifice hard-won points of ours by naively underrating the opposition. ("Burnley are worse than us" despite their 10th in the table and recent position of 5th).

i would have taken hammond or Chippy off, moved reid across into the middle and pushed CKR alongside harty. I dont think that would have weakened our midfield, as after all we were supposed to be going for the win and Chippy/hammond in an attacking mode might not as well as been there.

I know what you are saying about shoring up the midfield, but I thought their midfield was there to spoil rather than create, and us playing three defensive midfielders in there played into Cotterills hands.

Reid had a reasonable game IMHO, but it was glaringly obvious in the first half when Frutie was slinging over some superb crosses no-one was there to put them in.

Brings us back to the target man argument. having said all that i applaud MM for sticking with a partnership up front in carole and OGH again....

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:

I thought the PC left didnt believe in name calling.

Very, very SAD that the only way a self-styled intellectual has to get his point across by reverting to the lowest playground tactics of name calling, you let yourself down almost EVERY time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
I guess it must have been the thread title 'Are we allowed to criticise CKR yet' that made me think people were criticising him, Dave.

No...as i said, as people were making certain observations about him, i was interested to see if it was just the die hards sat near me or more wavery type people

:wave:

Rougvie said:
I thought the PC left didnt believe in name calling.

Very, very SAD that the only way a self-styled intellectual has to get his point across by reverting to the lowest playground tactics of name calling, you let yourself down almost EVERY time.

"PC left", "Self-styled intellectual" :lolol:

f*** me, and us Irish get accused of being "chippy" :lolol:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:
No...as i said, as people were making certain observations about him, i was interested to see if it was just the die hards sat near me or more wavery type people

:wave:

My computer must be showing a different thread title then. I should of course have taken into account what a huge fan of CKR you are Dave, eh.

:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
My computer must be showing a different thread title then. I should of course have taken into account what a huge fan of CKR you are Dave, eh.

:)

I actually like him. He reminds me of a young Les Ferdinand. I just wish he had a better sense of balance and centre of gravity

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Err that is actually libellous, at no point have I actually called the manager racist. I merely asked what was the link between all the players he seems to fall out with is. That could be that they all play for the Albion, are all flair players etc. So, although I know it is hard for you to deal with facts, please stay within the confides of those on this occasion.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
No, the facts are that Cotterill's tactics in playing a 5-man midfield dominated the shape of the game. You know full well that playing Frutos and Carole as wingers isolates Hammond and Carpenter.

Doing that against a 4-man midfield is bad enough, but a 5-man midfield? ???

Cotterill would have loved us to surrender the midfield battle.

Once again, I'm grateful we don't have a manager who walks into obvious traps set by the opposition and is strong enough to ignore siren voices in the stands who seem quite happy to sacrifice hard-won points of ours by naively underrating the opposition. ("Burnley are worse than us" despite their 10th in the table and recent position of 5th).

Again what you have just written shows that McGhee reacts to the opposition rather than taking the game to them, as the home team we should be the proactive entity.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Uncle Buck said:
Again what you have just written shows that McGhee reacts to the opposition rather than taking the game to them, as the home team we should be the proactive entity.

But if he didn't react to the opposition he wouldn't be doing his job. We had to make sure we shut up shop at the back before being proactive ourselves. After the first 10 minutes I thought whoever scored first would win, the way Burnley played for a 0-0 would suggest that had they nicked one it would have made our job even harder and as the game progressed you really would not want to lose one at the end. We have another point to our total whether its an important point in May or two too few we don't know yet.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
But if he didn't react to the opposition he wouldn't be doing his job. We had to make sure we shut up shop at the back before being proactive ourselves. After the first 10 minutes I thought whoever scored first would win, the way Burnley played for a 0-0 would suggest that had they nicked one it would have made our job even harder and as the game progressed you really would not want to lose one at the end. We have another point to our total whether its an important point in May or two too few we don't know yet.

As the home team oppostion such as Burnley should be worrying about us, we should be taking the game to them, especially in the opening stages. Fair enough away from home reacting to their tactics, as often away games are about getting a point and nicking a win here and there, but win your home games and your season will be safe enough.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
They did worry about us which was why they strung 5 across the midfield and played that donkey up front.The tactics were ones you often see from Cotterill teams in using the wide players to support the lone front man in order to nick a goal. Therefore as home manager you have to react to that to make sure we don't concede because its going to be even more difficult to fight your way back against teams like that. You cannot go gung-ho all out attack without thinking about the effect it will have on the defence.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
They did worry about us which was why they strung 5 across the midfield and played that donkey up front.The tactics were ones you often see from Cotterill teams in using the wide players to support the lone front man in order to nick a goal. Therefore as home manager you have to react to that to make sure we don't concede because its going to be even more difficult to fight your way back against teams like that. You cannot go gung-ho all out attack without thinking about the effect it will have on the defence.

But the problem is we do not seem to attack.

I find McGhee a very reactive manager and our home form has suffered due to this.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Large One said:
However, I do believe McGhee may well stick a flea in his ear this morning...

.....and then call the Argus to give them a rundown of what he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here