Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are people really this f*cking stupid?

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
Although i would never tell another parent how to raise their child and when to tell them certain facts, i do personally think its good to tell children a certain amount but only when the subject comes up, ie i wouldnt let my son (4 & 1/2yrs) do something he wanted to which he said "your just gay" my first thought was the obvious "where the hell did he hear that" and then i told him he shouldnt use words like that if he doesnt know what they mean and of course he asked so i told him that its when two men or two women love each other and kiss like mummy and daddy do (and before some smart arse says it yes i did also tell him it used to mean happy) simple as that you dont need to give details of "what goes where" or anything like that because children are far easier to explain things to than adults as they take what you tell them at face value.
IMO not telling a child (particularly if they ask) just creates ignorrance.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
There's a copy of it here: Male kiss adds sauce to Heinz mayo ad | Media | guardian.co.uk

Surely if we ban this sort of advert it promotes feeling to children that homosexual relationships are wrong? It's ridiculous banning this sort of thing. You see heterosexual kissing on the tv every day - surely in this day and age there is no difference?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Surely we all know by now that people are really this stupid? They'll be banning panto dames next. Political incorrectness gone mad. More publicity to the bandits I say. "Why did you become a shirt lifter son?" "Well, it was being taken to see Peter Pan at the Woking Apollo, combined with a Mayo advert."

Last edited:

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
I do agree about the sex shop thing though. Having to explain that 2 people of the same sex can also be in a loving relationship is entirely different to explaining what the purpose for a 10 inch rubber cock is.

Also agreed while i will always try to be honest (but not graphic) with my son i dont think i would be any where near ready to tell him about sex toys etc not this young anyway.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Although i would never tell another parent how to raise their child and when to tell them certain facts, i do personally think its good to tell children a certain amount but only when the subject comes up, ie i wouldnt let my son (4 & 1/2yrs) do something he wanted to which he said "your just gay" my first thought was the obvious "where the hell did he hear that" and then i told him he shouldnt use words like that if he doesnt know what they mean and of course he asked so i told him that its when two men or two women love each other and kiss like mummy and daddy do (and before some smart arse says it yes i did also tell him it used to mean happy) simple as that you dont need to give details of "what goes where" or anything like that because children are far easier to explain things to than adults as they take what you tell them at face value.
IMO not telling a child (particularly if they ask) just creates ignorrance.

I very much like your modernist stream of conscious appraoch to posting.

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
Its also a parent/guardians responsibility to control what TV their kid watches, not the states responsibility to sanitise TV so that parents can use it as an ersatz babysitter.

Agreed any parent who is prepared to dump their child in front of the tv instead of actually playing games or something with them has (IMO) no right to complain about what the child sees.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks for posting the advert. I have just watched it and while I am not in the least bit offended by it it is drivel' A gimmicky, pointless twist to an advert. And to those who say it is no differant to a man and woman kissing, well, it is differant. I have no problem with homosexuality or children learning about it at an appropriate age. I couldn't care less what people do with their love lives. However, it is not the same as a heterosexual relationship and I fail to see the point of that advert.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Thanks for posting the advert. I have just watched it and while I am not in the least bit offended by it it is drivel' A gimmicky, pointless twist to an advert. And to those who say it is no differant to a man and woman kissing, well, it is differant. I have no problem with homosexuality or children learning about it at an appropriate age. I couldn't care less what people do with their love lives. However, it is not the same as a heterosexual relationship and I fail to see the point of that advert.

It's not the same a hetrosexual relationship. But then a gay relationship is not the same as a lesbian relationship. They are just different, one is no more currupting to young minds than the other.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's not the same a hetrosexual relationship. But then a gay relationship is not the same as a lesbian relationship. They are just different, one is no more currupting to young minds than the other.

I didn't for one second suggest it was corrupting. what I was saying is that one is differant from the other.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i would be interested to know how many people contributing on this thread are parents....

and i know even if you dont have children you still have a valid point etc, but my opinions re these things definately changed a bit when i became a parent

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To suggest that if your child accidently sees this advert that you are somehow some kind of bad parent is ludicrous. That someone is homosexual is not the point. The point that it needs an explanation that you may not be ready to give your child is relevant. It is no differant to a child asking about death or where babies come from. At some ages they just don't need to know the truth.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For the record I am not in favour of banning the advert, just don't see the point of it.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Surely it's not really about homosexulaity at all is it? How many same sex couples include a fellow who dresses up as a woman and is referred to as mum? Should my sons see this, and ask why is that man dressed up like that, I will tell him it's because he's an actor in an advert. Rather than an immoral corrupting pervert.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Surely it's not really about homosexulaity at all is it? How many same sex couples include a fellow who dresses up as a woman and is referred to as mum? Should my sons see this, and ask why is that man dressed up like that, I will tell him it's because he's an actor in an advert. Rather than an immoral corrupting pervert.

But the man isn't dressed up. Or have I missed something?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
But the man isn't dressed up. Or have I missed something?

NO, I have. But my point stands. Everyone knows that at least one member of each homesexual couple should dress flamboyantly at all times. So not only is it corrupting, it's just plain WRONG

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
NO, I have. But my point stands. Everyone knows that at least one member of each homesexual couple should dress flamboyantly at all times. So not only is it corrupting, it's just plain WRONG

:):)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here