Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are people really this f*cking stupid?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
If this advert is not suitable for viewing by children as the product is a fatty gloop, why are Heinz showing it being used for making the childrens lunch? That is certainly inappropriate.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Advertising gets weirder by the day and it seems you no longer have to advertise anything to do with the product just shock people

First you have drumming Gorillas advertising chocolate now two blokes kissing is supposed to make you buy the Mayo.

What next a Hippo f*cking a Zebra up the arse just to make you buy shoe polish??

nlf

Mar 24, 2008
The other point i forgot to make earlier is that where a lot of children do know about these sort of things either because their parents have told them or because they know a same sex couple, one thing to consider when thinking about when to tell your children is would you rather they hear it from you or some one at school.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
What next a Hippo f*cking a Zebra up the arse just to make you buy shoe polish??[/QUOTE]

are they same sex??

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What next a Hippo f*cking a Zebra up the arse just to make you buy shoe polish??

are they same sex??[/QUOTE]

Would have to be otherwise would not be shocking enough

Nothing like a bit of homosexuality to get people talking fills at least 3 pages of the mail each day!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Would these people have complained if it had been two ladies kissing?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not so much the kiss. Its the "straight home from work, SWEET CHEEKS" comment at the end that annoyed me.

It meant I had to patiently explain to my six year old that on arriving home from work, the two protagonists would be indulging in violent and prolongued acts of penetrative bum sex, probably involving a water-based lubricant and an industrial sized tub of Swarfega.

I mean how do you expect a young infant mind to even BEGIN to comprehend these things ?
I dunno.

why cant people just admit the truth? if i have kids and i am asked the question just tell them the truth that some people like people of the same sex

its not hard and who cares if one of your offspring turns out gay? they either are or not

i think people are scared to admit the truth
Time was when my kids had to have it explained to them that we weren't an odd family - even though we were the ONLY household in our row of houses that consisted of a married couple with children.

But, hey! That's rural life for you.

The problem was that we couldn't deliver the exciting barbecues that the gay couple next door hosted - full of theatricals, including people who were starring in DOCTOR WHO at the time.

I'm sorry, kids, we let you down.

:(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
AFAIK this advert wasn't shown before 9pm , why cant people grasp the concept of the advert , basically that a mother can be compared to an NY deli chef when she uses the mayo to liven up the sandwiches. The punchline to the advert after the parting kiss isn't offensive if you see the advert from this point of view. Of the 200 or so complainants a sizeable majority will be a regular bunch from the religious fringe who take offence to virtually everything.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still not as offensive as the Benetton baby advert, the one that showed a..

er... a new born baby.

That had a whopping 240 complaints.

There's a copy of it here: Male kiss adds sauce to Heinz mayo ad | Media | guardian.co.uk

Surely if we ban this sort of advert it promotes feeling to children that homosexual relationships are wrong? It's ridiculous banning this sort of thing. You see heterosexual kissing on the tv every day - surely in this day and age there is no difference?

Homos are "wrong".

Children should be taught tolerance of wrong-uns, but should be reminded that they are, actually, wrong.

Last edited:

Its not so much the kiss. Its the "straight home from work, SWEET CHEEKS" comment at the end that annoyed me.

It meant I had to patiently explain to my six year old that on arriving home from work, the two protagonists would be indulging in violent and prolongued acts of penetrative bum sex, probably involving a water-based lubricant and an industrial sized tub of Swarfega.

Apparently, they are promoting mayonnaise - perhaps as 'the other' lube?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here