Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are people really this f*cking stupid?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
NO, I have. But my point stands. Everyone knows that at least one member of each homesexual couple should dress flamboyantly at all times. So not only is it corrupting, it's just plain WRONG

Blow me down: how could I have been so blind to this indisputable fact for all these years? Well done mr sheen, I will sleep soundly now tonight thanks to your unparelleled social observation :rolleyes:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Blow me down: how could I have been so blind to this indisputable fact for all these years? Well done mr sheen, I will sleep soundly now tonight thanks to your unparelleled social observation :rolleyes:

Glad to be of service. Thanks for the offer, but I will not be blowing you. Not unless you make me a fine sandwich with that deli mayo first.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not serious.... are you ?

Unfortunately, he is.... getting more and more like his namesake every day, although if he said that about the other groups done in in the holocaust I suspect he'd have been done for hate crimes by now. That said, I doubt he makes those claims off of the internet anyway, as he's probably scared of the big scary gayers coming anywhere near to him.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
For what its worth (and at risk of being called homophobic which I am not) I think that advert is rediculious and pointless and was right to be banned.

As far as i'm concerned (and here's the bit where i'll no doubt get some stick and it'll take it to 10 pages) there is a difference between 'normal' and 'acceptable'. For someone to be gay in this day in age in this country is totaly acceptable and rightly so, but it is still different from the norm and I just don't think it should be something that is shown at random on national telly.

You've got to bear in mind most people on this board live or go to brighton frequently which is a very liberal city, your children proabbly see this every day they go into Brighton, most kids don't.

:awaits calls of being a homophobic, untolerant fascist:

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Just want to mention that I sincerely doubt that Heinz Mayonaisse were making the advert to raise social concsience and challenge our perceptions. They wanted to make a fuss to flog fatty jars of shit. The same goes for most adverts. Who gives a toss if they pulled it or not?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
For what its worth (and at risk of being called homophobic which I am not) I think that advert is rediculious and pointless and was right to be banned.

As far as i'm concerned (and here's the bit where i'll no doubt get some stick and it'll take it to 10 pages) there is a difference between 'normal' and 'acceptable'. For someone to be gay in this day in age in this country is totaly acceptable and rightly so, but it is still different from the norm and I just don't think it should be something that is shown at random on national telly.
Why?

I don't get it. If it is acceptable why is not acceptable on television? I suppose you are technically right that it's not 'normal', in that most people aren't gay, but then, what IS normal in that case? ???

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Why?

I don't get it. If it is acceptable why is not acceptable on television? I guess i mean that it brings it into mainstream that many children wouldn't otherwise have seen it, potentially confusing young childrenI suppose you are technically right that it's not 'normal', in that most people aren't gay, but then, what IS normal in that case? ??? That's why I didn't really want to use the word 'normal' because it's not really the right word but I think most of you will understand what I'm getting at even if you don't agree

As i said before, I think the reason I think the advert should be banned as much as anything is because it's shit and the kiss is pointless. It's like saying a 'man walks into a bar' joke but changing man for something racist even though it has no point in the joke. It doesn't add to the effect, it's just there to be controversial

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here