Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Jones, Missing Girl in Wales

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Is it?

Are there more bad people about today than there were 20-30 years ago, or is it just with the proliferation of always-on media, we believe there are more baddies out there?

I know what I think.

I think I think the same as you, I think.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I apologise for calling you a prat, but you posed a question in your first post which clearly implies (as others have done on this thread, some of whom clearly belong to the holier-than-thou best parents on the planet club) that the parents are at fault. Perhaps in your defence it is not a rhetorical question and you are genuinely wondering if it's too late and don't have an opinion either way!?

Anyway, I'm reattributing my 'prat' insult to [MENTION=21160]fly high[/MENTION], well done sir for one of the most callous, nihilistic posts I've seen on NSC.

fair dos fella,but maybe miss understood my statement(or perhaps i worded it wrong) ,to be fair it was in responce to another poster.

that is a problem with forums, texts on phones etc,they can be misread

I don't see what the time of day has to do with anything. Do paedophiles wait until it gets dark?

When I was a child, the only encounter that I experienced happened at 3.00pm on a summer Saturday afternoon - when a classic dirty old man with his willy waving around in his hand came up to a group of us 9 year-olds who were playing in the woods out the back of my house. We all refused his offer to give us a shilling if ... (well, you get the idea).

What happened next? We wandered off to our respective homes, told our parents and all got invited down the cop shop to look at a big photo album of mug-shots of various dirty old men. The guy was eventually arrested and my mate had to go to court to give evidence against him. No permanent trauma seems to have affected any of us kids - except, possibly, the mate who gave the evidence in court and had to decline the suggestion of the police that he could refer to the bloke's willy as "his John Thomas". "But that's my dad's name" said Jeff Thomas (who, incidentally, went on to play football for Wales).

Not "that" Geoff Thomas, btw.

This experience never caused me to stop my kids playing with their friends in the woods, though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Burley does...what she does

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apparently that's the girl's godmother

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What an utterly pointless piece of reporting that is. It serves no journalistic purpose whatsoever.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That YouTube clip is horrendous..

"I'm sorry to have to tell you in circumstances like this"

No you're not. You intended to do it EXACTLY in circumstances like this to get a reaction which you think is good for tv. Horrible woman.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That press video is an absolute disgrace, why was that broadcast on national TV? Absolutely sickening.

I think sadly everyone really knows she isn't alive anymore but nobody really wants to say it, its horrific for the family and the poor girl but I think given the extensive search being carried out by the police in woodland that there is a high chance she is not alive. Or is this normal practice? I know searches are normally carried out as a precaution but this search seems very extensive.

I haven't read that much into this but how did it occur? Was the child out on the street by herself?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think sadly everyone really knows she isn't alive anymore but nobody really wants to say it, its horrific for the family and the poor girl but I think given the extensive search being carried out by the police in woodland that there is a high chance she is not alive. Or is this normal practice? I know searches are normally carried out as a precaution but this search seems very extensive.

The fact that the fella has been arrested on suspicion of murder tells you all you need to know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Burley does...what she does

What an utterly pointless piece of reporting that is. It serves no journalistic purpose whatsoever.

That YouTube clip is horrendous..

"I'm sorry to have to tell you in circumstances like this"

No you're not. You intended to do it EXACTLY in circumstances like this to get a reaction which you think is good for tv. Horrible woman.

A reminder of why I never watch Sky News.....'how do you feel?'.....we don't need that question asked to imagine how they feel, how the f*ck does she sleep at night? Disgusting journalism, Sky / Murdoch at it's worst.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That press video is an absolute disgrace, why was that broadcast on national TV? Absolutely sickening.

I haven't read that much into this but how did it occur? Was the child out on the street by herself?
Agree with you.

The first 24hrs are vital in child abduction. After that its' grim. Like you say,no one wants to admit but it would be a miracle if she is still alive. It's so sad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A reminder of why I never watch Sky News.....'how do you feel?'.....we don't need that question asked to imagine how they feel, how the f*ck does she sleep at night? Disgusting journalism, Sky / Murdoch at it's worst.

It's also entirely irrelevant. These people aren't connected with the case as such, they're just locals hoping to help (possibly some kind of relative but that seems to be in question?). What does she hope to get out of this "interview"? That people are shocked and horrified by the idea that a child may have met some awful fate? I fail to see that even the most stupid of viewers needed to see the faces of those people crumple in distress in order to confirm that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This is really weird. How can you be so sure somebody did it that you arrest them less than 24 hours after the girl disappeared, yet seemingly have no evidence of where she went or where she is? Obviously the police must know a lot more than they're letting on, but I'd love to know how exactly they think this chap did the deed and also what has changed for them to suddenly claim she won't be found alive.
Maybe this guy has previous ? Or his van was spotted in the vicinity . The police pretty much know they have got him it's just a case of proving it now. Recovering the body is vital but people have still been charged where no body has ever been found.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's also entirely irrelevant. These people aren't connected with the case as such, they're just locals hoping to help (possibly some kind of relative but that seems to be in question?). What does she hope to get out of this "interview"? That people are shocked and horrified by the idea that a child may have met some awful fate? I fail to see that even the most stupid of viewers needed to see the faces of those people crumple in distress in order to confirm that.

According to twitter, the women on the right is the godmother.

You can complain about the piece direct to sky if anyone feels inclined: news@sky.com FAO Viewers' Editor Adam Harding

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here