Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Jones, Missing Girl in Wales

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The reason for naming him at this stage is because they clearly think it's crucial in helping to gain information from the public. It is quite an unusual step, I guess they've assessed the potential risks and decided the investigation and the urgent need to find April is more important right now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Missing Girl in Wales

The reason for naming him at this stage is because they clearly think it's crucial in helping to gain information from the public. It is quite an unusual step, I guess they've assessed the potential risks and decided the investigation and the urgent need to find April is more important right now.

Nail on the head.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nail on the head.

Unless you happen to be the man whose name and photo are now everywhere and you are not the person who abducted the girl. He may well be guilty but if he isn't his life will be hell from now on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unless you happen to be the man whose name and photo are now everywhere and you are not the person who abducted the girl. He may well be guilty but if he isn't his life will be hell from now on.

Quite

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where was she playing this young girl when she was abducted ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

There is that possibility, but as I said, it's a highly unusual step from the police, and I suspect it wouldn't have been done without a considerable risk assessment. It also rather suggests that they are extremely confident this gentleman has some sort of role in what's happened. Clearly that's not going to come out into the public domain, but you can be sure they know a lot more than they're releasing.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think the Police have enough confirmed sightings of the girl getting into his very distinctive car that if he fails to answer simple questions (like were you driving it? where di you drive to? where is she now? if you weren't driving it, who did you allow to drive it? etc) then it is perfectly logical to assume he is complicit in this.

he has clearly given them no inofrmation whatsoever in 48 hours about why she was in his car (which is why all they can do is earch frnatically near where they pciked him up).

If he genuinely had nothing to do with this he has had plenty of chance to say so by now, and he's probably hoping the fast flowing tide will take all the evidence away, meaning that even if there is forensic evidence of her having been in his car he can either say (she was often in my car, friend of family) and get off scot free; or he can say maybe she was in my car but I didn't kill her, so they can't do him for much.

He's hanging on I think.............

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There is that possibility, but as I said, it's a highly unusual step from the police, and I suspect it wouldn't have been done without a considerable risk assessment. It also rather suggests that they are extremely confident this gentleman has some sort of role in what's happened. Clearly that's not going to come out into the public domain, but you can be sure they know a lot more than they're releasing.

Well of course, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I hope they have the right man.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the Police have enough confirmed sightings of the girl getting into his very distinctive car that if he fails to answer simple questions (like were you driving it? where di you drive to? where is she now? if you weren't driving it, who did you allow to drive it? etc) then it is perfectly logical to assume he is complicit in this.

he has clearly given them no inofrmation whatsoever in 48 hours about why she was in his car (which is why all they can do is earch frnatically near where they pciked him up).

If he genuinely had nothing to do with this he has had plenty of chance to say so by now, and he's probably hoping the fast flowing tide will take all the evidence away, meaning that even if there is forensic evidence of her having been in his car he can either say (she was often in my car, friend of family) and get off scot free; or he can say maybe she was in my car but I didn't kill her, so they can't do him for much.

He's hanging on I think.............

Everyone's a detective :rolleyes:

If she's been in his car, they will know. The search is systematic, not random.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No what I meant was he's a friend of the family, so she may have been in his car dozens of times recently, which might be why she got in unchallenged. How can they differentiate a hair left there yesterday from one left a week ago?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
As they often do in cases like this.

Well I was just passing on what I had heard on local and national telly, but according to our learned friend, possibly not always the case.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Where was she playing this young girl when she was abducted ?

this,wasnt she out playing at 7 0clock,i mean,isnt that the time a 5 year old should be bathed and having a story read in bed???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nail his bollocks to a desk, and then ask him the question

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well it was certainly dark after 7pm, and I saw no evidence of street lightin in that garage block they showed on the TV.

and it seems there was a group of half a dozen of the same age playing out at the same time.

Don't know where you live, but I would probably not leave a 5 year old playing out on a bike in the dark with no form of supervision from anyone over the age of 6 .....

KTF though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
this,wasnt she out playing at 7 0clock,i mean,isnt that the time a 5 year old should be bathed and having a story read in bed???

We might as well stop worrying and looking then eh? She had it coming being out that late. You total prat.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Well it was certainly dark after 7pm, and I saw no evidence of street lightin in that garage block they showed on the TV.

and it seems there was a group of half a dozen of the same age playing out at the same time.

Don't know where you live, but I would probably not leave a 5 year old playing out on a bike in the dark with no form of supervision from anyone over the age of 6 .....

KTF though.

I would never have a kid out that age by themselves anywhere in the world at that time (or probably at all?), BUT, having lived down the road from Machynlleth for quite a few years, it really is a very quiet and low crime area - way more so than even the nice towns/villages in Sussex.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
We might as well stop worrying and looking then eh? She had it coming being out that late. You total prat.

woah big brave fella calling me a prat,where DO I numpty ,do i say she had it coming,
you complete bell end,
i have 4 kids,i was asking the question, that questions asked you thick sap,now run along PRAT

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well it was certainly dark after 7pm, and i saw no evidence of street lightin in that garage block they showed on the tv.

And it seems there was a group of half a dozen of the same age playing out at the same time.

Don't know where you live, but i would probably not leave a 5 year old playing out on a bike in the dark with no form of supervision from anyone over the age of 6 .....

Ktf though.

be carefull some prat.sap,thick take your pick member called bold seagull, will say you saying she had it coming

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well, these abductions and things always seem to have one thing in common....... a neighbour/friend/bystander who says to TV camera "things like this just don't happen around here......"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here