Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Jones, Missing Girl in Wales

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
But you were kind of implying that the parents were at fault. The only person at fault was the total **** who took the poor little girl. This could have happened at any time of the day. Maybe the parents were perhaps guilty of believing that their village was safe from this type of thing.

woah big brave fella calling me a prat,where DO I numpty ,do i say she had it coming,
you complete bell end,
i have 4 kids,i was asking the question, that questions asked you thick sap,now run along PRAT

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would imagine that whatever the circumstances of a child being abducted the parents would be thinking "what if we'd done this,if only we had done that" etc. I would have thought that if someone was evil enough to abduct a child, or anyone for that matter, they would find a way to do so regardless of whether the child was playing out too late.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No one is blaming the parents. I'm saying that I would never have let my children play out at the age of 5 when it was dark without adult supervision.
Maybe I was over protective.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No one is blaming the parents. I'm saying that I would never have let my children play out at the age of 5 when it was dark without adult supervision.
Maybe I was over protective.

Sounds like you're blaming them to me.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No, don't be thick. He's saying different parents have different views about the risks that exist in life. And they do. I would never have let my kids out in the dark on a bike at 5 years of age wearing all dark clothing for example - but others just don't see doing that as a potential risk.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sounds like you're blaming them to me.

I am blaming no one. Not all the facts are in. I'm telling you about my rules on letting kids play out.
Like I said, maybe I was/am over protective by some people's standards but I feel comfy with my rules.

Aug 21, 2011
I wouldnt let my 11 year old out alone at that time of night un supervised for this very reason, IMO parents should have been supervising at that time of night. If I were the parent I know I would be blaming my self for neglecting to keep an eye on my child.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
April Jones abduction

Just got up to speed with this on BBC news.
Police say they have Mark Bridger for 36hrs, but what do they do from this point?

Is it case of increase pressure with repeated questions trying to find contradictions in his story? Or is it a case of appealing for more info on his movements whilst he's in custody, hoping to get lucky?

I take it he is free to leave after 36hrs?

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think there's a good chance that, if he is released because they have run out of time, he ends up in hospital after a burst of vigilante justice

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think there's a good chance that, if he is released because they have run out of time, he ends up in hospital after a burst of vigilante justice

It seems a hard one to call after all he is only a suspect, but his name and picture have been released tarnishing him for the rest of his life and he could be innocent! But then again how are the police to get info on him if they don't release his name and picture!?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It seems a hard one to call after all he is only a suspect, but his name and picture have been released tarnishing him for the rest of his life and he could be innocent! But then again how are the police to get info on him if they don't release his name and picture!?

That's exactly what happened with that Chris whatshisname regarding that murder xmas last year, he was named, shamed in the tabloids and he was nothing to do with it. He ended up testifying at Leveson about his treatment. I think he sued newspapers as well.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I would imagine that whatever the circumstances of a child being abducted the parents would be thinking "what if we'd done this,if only we had done that" etc. I would have thought that if someone was evil enough to abduct a child, or anyone for that matter, they would find a way to do so regardless of whether the child was playing out too late.

Listening to The Jeremy Vine Show and an interesting statistic was mentioned about child abduction. The numbers haven't changed since the 1970's (probably even before the 70's). On average 11 children per year are abducted by strangers, 11 too many of course but for such a low risk (1 in a million) there is so much paranoia in this country. I've visited many countries and it seems that only in the UK are kids not allowed to be kids anymore. They can't play outside with their friends, need driving to school and brought home by car and all men are potential paedophiles in the minds of parents and that clearly isn't the case. Go to most countries and kids play outside with their friends without fear and I'm sure the risks are no different to the UK. I'm not belittling the current issue with the young girl going missing or others in the past but it would seem to me that the biggest risks to kids comes from family friends or family members (including a parent) and not strangers.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The media seemed to have learned their lesson & are completely leaving this bloke alone save publishing the details the police have given them. Who ever took the little girl is absolute scum but what about the parents. Rural area or not what responsible parent allows a 5 year old child, who apparently also has cerebral palsy, to play in the street, in the cold & dark, at that time of the evening with only other kids to look out for her. No mention has been made about the ages of the other children but surely a 5 year old girl or boy should have been at home at that time so I have absolutely zero sympathy for the parents, they completely reneged on their responsibility to their daughter & to see the weeping & wailing makes me mad. People like that don't deserve children.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The media seemed to have learned their lesson & are completely leaving this bloke alone save publishing the details the police have given them. Who ever took the little girl is absolute scum but what about the parents. Rural area or not what responsible parent allows a 5 year old child, who apparently also has cerebral palsy, to play in the street, in the cold & dark, at that time of the evening with only other kids to look out for her. No mention has been made about the ages of the other children but surely a 5 year old girl or boy should have been at home at that time so I have absolutely zero sympathy for the parents, they completely reneged on their responsibility to their daughter & to see the weeping & wailing makes me mad. People like that don't deserve children.

Harsh. Very harsh.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I hate this "what about the parents?" line that some trot out.

Firstly - given how far North and West this place is, it would not have been dark at 7pm. Darkening, yes but dark - no.

Secondly - it's a very small area with a small community who largely know one another. Crime is very, very low. It's nothing like where most of us live so we simply can't judge.

Thirdly - children should be out playing with friends and not sat in front of the TV. The National Trust, very recently have been running a campaign to encourage all of us to get our kids outdoors.

"No sympathy for the parents" - what a horrible person you seem to be.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Wow. What pumps the blood around your body, a machine?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hate this "what about the parents?" line that some trot out.

Firstly - given how far North and West this place is, it would not have been dark at 7pm. Darkening, yes but dark - no.

Secondly - it's a very small area with a small community who largely know one another. Crime is very, very low. It's nothing like where most of us live so we simply can't judge.

Thirdly - children should be out playing with friends and not sat in front of the TV. The National Trust, very recently have been running a campaign to encourage all of us to get our kids outdoors.

"No sympathy for the parents" - what a horrible person you seem to be.

That line is of course wrong from his post but it is all very well talking about letting kids get out into the country and whatever but .... with a responsible adult surely ? Or are you saying they can just go off on their own.
It's tricky this parenting lark I grant you but there are certain basic rules you have to adhere to.
50 % of people with cerebral palsy suffer with seizures and the dangers that brings btw. Also I re-iterate, I do have sympathy with those poor parents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here