Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] anyone up for an OFFICIAL fan boycot of the Brentford boxing day game ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I honestly think we should boycott the Newcastle game.

As a club that supports LGBTQ+ community we should send a clear signal that owners that also enforce oppressive regimes will not be tolerated.

Numbers for Newcastle away aren't bad considering the distance we've got to travel, but I don't think that this is a game where any boycott by us would be noticed, particularly as away fans are up in the top tier and barely noticeable.

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Dont see why we would want to boycott a game. The team need us, we have seen that this season. Its no coincidence that we are doing so much better this year because fans are back in the stadium

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Let's face it, it won't be.

Definitely not. There are still 300 resale tickets to see one of worlds best teams this Saturday. I think we have now reached our demand level and no longer 1000s waiting in the wings to see a game. Looking like smaller attendances to watch lesser teams in immediate future.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I honestly think we should boycott the Newcastle game.

As a club that supports LGBTQ+ community we should send a clear signal that owners that also enforce oppressive regimes will not be tolerated.

Would rather deliver that message in person at the game

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
PB emailed me back within 15 mins of sending last night responding to my Albion in the Community suggestion for those that can’t make it.

Citied the obvious challenges of 7 games in December to organise but said he would discuss with the ticketing team.

Fair enough for responding so quickly

It would appear to be a simple enough suggestion to implement next season.

You could opt into the scheme at the start of the season and then not have to opt in match by match. Maybe.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Definitely not. There are still 300 resale tickets to see one of worlds best teams this Saturday. I think we have now reached our demand level and no longer 1000s waiting in the wings to see a game. Looking like smaller attendances to watch lesser teams in immediate future.

The exchange for Saturday v Man City is definitely open. I listed my 2 seats yesterday and they sold within 2 hours. All the tickets you are seeing I would imagine are mostly ticket exchange seats.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
sorry if covered already but do the club have any choice or say so when sky start dictating these absurd times for games. I realise Sky are holding the purse strings but surely Barber would have had something to say about the ability of fans to attend the game at that time of night on boxing day??

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Numbers for Newcastle away aren't bad considering the distance we've got to travel, but I don't think that this is a game where any boycott by us would be noticed, particularly as away fans are up in the top tier and barely noticeable.

I meant boycott the home game. Yes we'd also lose money but it won't harm the club long term.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Fan protests eventually got Monday night Bundesliga games dumped. Fan culture is different in Germany though. 'Wouldn't happen in England' is maybe a tad unfair as the super league protests were very much fan inspired. Needs a unified persistent campaign. One off protests and occasional mutterings against rubbish kick off times - meh.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...ts-monday-night-football-montagsspiele-226363

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I meant boycott the home game. Yes we'd also lose money but it won't harm the club long term.

I did wonder if you meant that seeing as it's the next home game after City, but boycotting a home game only harms one team: Brighton

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m in a tiny minority but this KO time means I can attend my first football match on Boxing Day ever. I’m absolutely delighted!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not really. I think the message is more important than one game.

If you're going to take action, you take it in a way that adversely affects the target of your action - e.g. loss of income. What you're suggesting is just virtue signalling (at a cost of £30+ to every season ticket holder).

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
If you're going to take action, you take it in a way that adversely affects the target of your action - e.g. loss of income. What you're suggesting is just virtue signalling (at a cost of £30+ to every season ticket holder).

No it's not "virtue signalling" when you actually want to do something to protest about something you believe strongly in. But as I also mentioned another approach could be to wear rainbow colours and flags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here