Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] anyone up for an OFFICIAL fan boycot of the Brentford boxing day game ???

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I won't be boycotting the game but fans do need to start getting the message by some type of demonstration to the people above that it's not acceptable moving KO times to ridiculous times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I won't be boycotting the game but fans do need to start getting the message by some type of demonstration to the people above that it's not acceptable moving KO times to ridiculous times.

giphy.gif

Just need a few hundred to get on board for exposure

giphy.gif

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I will be in Detroit for Boxing Day, so 1pm kick off sounds reasonable to me for a change.
Normally it’s 8am or something crazy, when we go over to see family.

Ridiculous kick off in all honesty, still you take the money, they tell you to jump, and you ask how high…

This is the Premier League.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sounds like a grand deal. Any chance it could swing by Preston Park?

I don't know what the club have planned for Brentford but for Arsenal in 2018 there were :

- Park and Rides at Sainsburys, in Hove, Pyecombe, Mill Road and the Racecourse.
- A shuttle bus between Brighton Station and Falmer , Lewes Station and Falmer running all afternoon and after the match.
- And various car parks as per normal.
- The 25 Bus service was also running.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1267498/important-travel-info-ahead-of-arsenal-match

As well as Seagulls Travel...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Did Barber ever come back with an answer on the eminently sensible proposition that those who can't go on Boxing Day could donate their seat to AITC?

I'm not sure what there is to discuss / think about really. Think it is a brilliant idea and if it means that someone, through AITC, gets to sit in my seat on Boxing Day I would be delighted. Sure to be a benefit to the club too with spends on "extras".

Ryanb

Oct 20, 2021
It's been moved to an 8pm KO at the pleasure of Sky. Boxing Day is reduced transport services as it is, let alone after 10pm at night when the game will finish. It's a bit of a piss take.

We have had a year with no access to the Amex & you all said how desperate you were to get back. Now 8pm kick off is a an issue! Absolute lightweights.
No work the next day so wheres the problem?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I will be in Detroit for Boxing Day, so 1pm kick off sounds reasonable to me for a change.
Normally it’s 8am or something crazy, when we go over to see family.

Ridiculous kick off in all honesty, still you take the money, they tell you to jump, and you ask how high…

This is the Premier League.

It will be a 3pm kick-off in Detroit, unless I'm much mistaken.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It will be a 3pm kick-off in Detroit, unless I'm much mistaken.

Your right it’s 5 hours difference now in Michigan, I was thinking about Cave Creek in AZ, where I will be on the 27th Dec for a week. Last time i was in cave creek I remember getting up early with a hangover to see that overhead kick against Chelsea.
it’s 8 hours now in Az, but does it go back to 7 at the weekend.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Your right it’s 5 hours difference now in Michigan, I was thinking about Cave Creek in AZ, where I will be on the 27th Dec for a week. Last time i was in cave creek I remember getting up early with a hangover to see that overhead kick against Chelsea.
it’s 8 hours now in Az, but does it go back to 7 at the weekend.

Apart from the Navajo Nation, Arizona does not observe daylight saving time (DST), so we never change our clocks. The time difference between the UK and AZ will fall to 7 hours when the UK changes the clocks on the morning of October 31.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Did Barber ever come back with an answer on the eminently sensible proposition that those who can't go on Boxing Day could donate their seat to AITC?

I'm not sure what there is to discuss / think about really. Think it is a brilliant idea and if it means that someone, through AITC, gets to sit in my seat on Boxing Day I would be delighted. Sure to be a benefit to the club too with spends on "extras".

Yes, stated the challenges (7 games to manage in December m) but said he would raise with the ticketing team

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Official boycott or not. Absolutely awful decision to have game at 8pm. Bad for home fans even worse for away supporters!! As others have said Brighton Brentford hardly a box office smash. 3pm game home by 5.30 would be a great Boxing Day. After eating and drinking over festive period V unlikely to be there for 8pm start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here