Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] anyone up for an OFFICIAL fan boycot of the Brentford boxing day game ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No it's not "virtue signalling" when you actually want to do something to protest about something you believe strongly in. But as I also mentioned another approach could be to wear rainbow colours and flags.

Do what you want, but anyone with half a brain won't be boycotting one of our very winnable home games thinking that it will in anyway send a message to Newcastle's owners. It's just a kick in the nuts to our benevolent owner and also to the team. The Newcastle owners will be delighted if all the away games they had between now and May were only sparsely attended by home fans.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I won't technically be boycotting the match but I sure as hell won't be there. Apart from annoying the family can you imagine what the rail service will be like? My prediction of actual attendance - 19,000.
Boxing day matches are from the era of strolling along the Shoreham Road to the Goldstone for a morning KO and getting home 20 minutes after final whistle, not schlepping out to Falmer for an 8pm KO!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Celtic fans did this to gain attention to the subject recently

FCEarTDWYAoDDwY.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I won't technically be boycotting the match but I sure as hell won't be there. Apart from annoying the family can you imagine what the rail service will be like? My prediction of actual attendance - 19,000.
Boxing day matches are from the era of strolling along the Shoreham Road to the Goldstone for a morning KO and getting home 20 minutes after final whistle, not schlepping out to Falmer for an 8pm KO!

Unlikely to be any trains at all are there (nothing showing on journey planner for Boxing Day) ? I would prefer this to having to drive to, say, Spurs like we did a couple of seasons ago - at least we’re at home and haven’t got to schlepp to North London without any trains…….

I won’t be boycotting…….firstly wouldn’t want to miss it, and secondly having it so late in the day actually means I can do family stuff for most of the day and will only be at the football when everyone is vegged out in front of the shite on telly anyway so I won’t be missed as much.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Sky decreed that that was the kick off time and PB had no input then as Graham Potter has said before, ‘It is what it is’ ……….

I’m still perplexed as to why all the whinging on here. Ok so it will be a reduced gate …… so what ?

What did people think would happen once we were in the Premier League ?

You really can’t have one without the other.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No chance of us going, got normal plans for a Boxing Day which mean 3pm football then family and friends. Won’t even be watching on the box. Will try Worthing or Steyning if either of them are playing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
in a round about way, I'm hoping that the club wouldnt like it so they would in turn apply a bit more resistance/presuure on broadcasters to not pi$$ about with the kick off times so much and it then might, eventually help

When asked that before the club have defended the PL and Sky to the hilt. There’s no chance they are going to nibble, let alone bite the hand that feeds them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, people can comment about their transport nightmares for the game, at least they would have gone.

As for boxing day games, we might have only played twice at the amex but we have had away games that have been affected by the lack of transport.

You haven't paid in advance for away games, season ticket holders have paid in advance for this game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m still perplexed as to why all the whinging on here. Ok so it will be a reduced gate …… so what ?

Nobody is whinging about a reduced gate, a few may have predicted a low crowd, but that’s hardly whinging.

Getting away from the Amex can sometimes be a ballache on a Saturday afternoon, evening games even more so.
I think an 8pm kick off on Boxing Day isn’t going to be simple to get to and from the Amex using public transport.
Fans that live outside of Sussex probably won’t be able to get home after the match on public transport.

Hope this helps :moo:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
If Sky decreed that that was the kick off time and PB had no input then as Graham Potter has said before, ‘It is what it is’ ……….

What did people think would happen once we were in the Premier League ?

You really can’t have one without the other.

Yeah but I can quite legitimately point out that I've paid for a season ticket and an 8pm KO on Boxing Day will make it impossible to use it nor sell it on....

(p.s. who is whinging about a reduced gate? I've seen observations that the gate will be way down)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah but I can quite legitimately point out that I've paid for a season ticket and an 8pm KO on Boxing Day will make it impossible to use it nor sell it on....

Not sure if the Sky Sports CEO is currently scribbling in Notepad or playing the worlds smallest violin.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

(p.s. who is whinging about a reduced gate? I've seen observations that the gate will be way down)

When you bought your season ticket you should have been well aware that kick off times were subject to changes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It’s obvious

Some say they don’t go

Others are continually posting when a game is on.. as the kids say Obvs really

Not obvious to me that’s why I asked, but thanks for replying.

I tell you what is obvious, you take more notice of posters than I do. :D
I do notice fans on their phones when I’m watching a match, maybe some also give a running commentary on the match day thread.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It’s going to be a reduced gate…….. Why ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Why will it be impossible to use ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here