Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone notice Mackail-Smith's reaction at the end of the game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He appeared very subdued, half hearteldy clapped the fans and trooped off shrugging off a arm around the shoulder from what looked like Greer.

We are used to him spending ages walking around the pitch- even when we lose ( ie reading away) clapping the fans, but yesterday he looked seriously pissed off.

I wonder if playing Barnes ( :moo:) and Vokes is meaning that Vokes is now the forward that Gus sees as someone to hold the line as opposed to the hussle and bustle that Mc brings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can see him asking for a transfer during the summer as we are not playing to his strengths and have then brought in somebody to play with him but not done so. He must be getting p....d off.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I noticed his absence when I realised it was Noone that was last left out there applauding.

Tbh though, CMS is entitled to be a pissed off with how his season has progressed. Don't read too much into it I say.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He is woefully out of form and he knows it. After losing 6 - 1 dont think his reaction to it has any more underlying issues other than he is just deflated with it all.

He isnt cutting it in the Champ again and it must be concerning for him

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Would it be too much to ask to see Vokes and CMS play together, as was the aforementioned plan?

That's what I think we assumed the purpose was and I'd like to see it. Strange it's not happened. I think if I was CMS, I be a bit miffed at not getting much of a look in yesterday.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I noticed his absence when I realised it was Noone that was last left out there applauding.

Tbh though, CMS is entitled to be a pissed off with how his season has progressed. Don't read too much into it I say.

I agree. His finishing should be sharper at times, but our style of play does not suit him, and don't get me started on our lack of service to him.

Lush

Mods' Pet
He seems a very honest kind of guy who cares about the result (not just there for the experience) and after getting tonked like that and knowing that his own performance would have done nothing to help, probably meant that he didn't have the heart to stay on the pitch very long. I really really hope things turn round for him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is woefully out of form and he knows it. After losing 6 - 1 dont think his reaction to it has any more underlying issues other than he is just deflated with it all.

He isnt cutting it in the Champ again and it must be concerning for him

This. He's got 8 goals so far this season, scoring 11 with Posh when they were at this level.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He seems a very honest kind of guy who cares about the result (not just there for the experience) and after getting tonked like that and knowing that his own performance would have done nothing to help, probably meant that he didn't have the heart to stay on the pitch very long. I really really hope things turn round for him.
Wise words, Lush.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
on the ESPN highlights, after KLL scores it pans to Albion bench, Ankegren is clapping. CMS in his beanie hat, it just sitting subdued and shows no emotion at all.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought yesterday was made for him, Carra was bound to start and CMS would have run him ragged, so dont blame him for being pissed off

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nope. I expect he was disappointed, not getting a start.

I am still old fashioned liking a big striker (like Carroll) and a trickier good striker (like Suarez) as part of a 4-3-3 with one winger (like Downing/Kazenga).

So for me it would have been Macca and Barnes. But then it was too late.

So I would have a defensive midfielder (like Adam/Bridcutt) a central midfielder (like Lucas if fit/Razak) and creative midfielder who can take set pieces (like Gerrard/Vicente).

Our two strikers could not get close to each other because of the Liverpool central pairing were just too good. They are meant to the best in the Premiership (with Agger).

Playing Will Buckley out wide as well as Kazenga meant we were one short in the middle of the park. It was like 4-2-4 against 4-3-3.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Can see him asking for a transfer during the summer as we are not playing to his strengths and have then brought in somebody to play with him but not done so. He must be getting p....d off.

How much would we get for him though? 2 million if we are very lucky. I have been on his back a fair bit this season but i do feel sorry for him. The truth is he will never be able to adapt the way we play. Gus likes 1 man up top, CMS is not capable of playing that role. He is just being wasted imo

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I noticed his ripped torso at full-time. I felt like I was looking in the mirror.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is not a post based on yesterday's activities. For me CMS is a poor mans Torres, not that there is anything wrong with that because on his day Torres is/was unstoppable. Both forwards thrive off of through balls to exploit their pace, and balls played over the top to chase. CMS is simply being abandoned, he is clearly a likeable and enthusiastic player but again, much like señor Torres, the system he is used in is wrong. We know Gus won't change his style so I can only see one outcome really :(
For me personally I have only seen CMS get the right kind of service from our team in 1 game, and that was very brief. For the last 15 minutes against Burnley we used him properly and my goodness he was devastating. If he hadn't of been so knackered he would surely of equalised?! As much as it pains me I just can't see him staying :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd feel pissed off too if I'd been benched in favour of Barnes in such a high profile match.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This is not a post based on yesterday's activities. For me CMS is a poor mans Torres, not that there is anything wrong with that because on his day Torres is/was unstoppable. Both forwards thrive off of through balls to exploit their pace, and balls played over the top to chase. CMS is simply being abandoned, he is clearly a likeable and enthusiastic player but again, much like señor Torres, the system he is used in is wrong. We know Gus won't change his style so I can only see one outcome really :(
For me personally I have only seen CMS get the right kind of service from our team in 1 game, and that was very brief. For the last 15 minutes against Burnley we used him properly and my goodness he was devastating. If he hadn't of been so knackered he would surely of equalised?! As much as it pains me I just can't see him staying :(

If Gus wont change his style of play and that style does not suit cms... why did he even buy him?

We were always playing that style before we bought him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here