Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone notice Mackail-Smith's reaction at the end of the game

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Keep the faith people cms loves Brighton and is upset because we lost and he did not play in such a big game. He will come good when gus starts playing players who give him the right service. Got to give cms and vokes a go together and rest Barnes for few weeks. Please gus

Lush

Mods' Pet
No one seems able to put in an early ball for CMS to run onto. When our wingers run to the byline or put their foot on the ball on the wing and take their time, CMS gets picked up by defenders and all our forwards line up on the 18 yard box with their backs to the goal. This clearly isn't playing to CMS strength.

I'm all for keeping the ball and knocking it around, but we'd create more chances if we put more early crosses in, but GP seems to like possession over chances. It's got us were we are, so that's fine, it's just hard not to get frustrated with it at times, especially at the expense of proven goalscorers like CMS and attempts in general.

This. We need to mix it up a bit (as noted by John Barnes on ESPN on Sun). We are too predictable. If we can get a properly creative central midfielder working (Vicente? Razak?) this will help - and help bring CMS into the game more.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Gus knew CMS's style of play when he bought him and obviously the way he wanted Brighton to play, how the f*** did he ever think a very slow build up style, would suit CMS as a lone striker, his strength was always his pace chasing through balls. I've seen CMS so many times this season, poised on the centre backs shoulder just waiting/praying for the ball to be pinged through or over the top for him and I'd back CMS in the race every time. If Gus can't see that, or even think it's worth a try given our woeful efforts at breaking down the decent sides, he'll be waiting a long time for the premiership job he craves.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
We just don't play to his strengths.

Why Gus bought him and then played a style totally not suited to him is a mystery.

Sadly I think he will go in the summer. I say sadly cause he is clearly a gold striker if given the right service. We just aren't giving him that service.

No wonder he is pissed off. Liverpool game, and his reaction at the end, just proves how pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here