Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a game of Mornington Crescent?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excellent spot, sir. I thought you would miss the non-Leap Year clause in that ruling, but no, I can see I'm underestimating the level of play on here.

Note to self: must up my game to compete on here.

Why thank you.
And nice move on the West India Quay by the way, thats a boldly diverse tangent to take at this stage of the game. Without coming overly loquacious, it puts you in a potentially lucrative position whilst still being difficult to read. I shall keep my powder dry and let things unfold a little more before plotting my next move, methinks.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
They`re making a mockery of what was once a very fine game Simster.
I`m out of here.

P.S. South Ruislip.

I can see what you're trying to do here Questions and I have to say it nearly worked.

The South Ruislip initiative is one of those moves that, whilst not used too often, can sometimes bamboozle the remaining players.

Today's game involves some some pretty sharp practitioners though and your attempt will fail, I think.

Bearing in mind the South Kensington interjection, I feel it's time to up the ante as Friday afternoon catches up with us.

I will invoke the 'Up the Apples & Pears guvnor and into Uncle Ned' ruling, and give you Bow Road

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Surely the McClusky clause isn't valid on half-day Fridays and is countered using the 1996 anti-Spice Girl sweep bringing us to All Saints

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will invoke the 'Up the Apples & Pears guvnor and into Uncle Ned' ruling, and give you Bow Road
Oh I say, that's good. :clap:

And to negate it, I'm playing the Martin Sprockles Kerfuffle Manoevre and heading to Pimlico. Harsh on you, I think, but this really is high class stuff.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ooh, good spot and a lucky escape, well played.
At succch a low ebb, I can only offer the Daley/McCann solution and play Willesden Green

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gahh, not Devons Road again, thats a graveyard of folley. As I must be leaving now for the day, I'll throw down a Gunnersby, invoking the old Punxsatawney Pong on you all, and be on my way before the flak starts to fly.

Mwah ha haar.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Oh I say, that's good. :clap:

And to negate it, I'm playing the Martin Sprockles Kerfuffle Manoevre and heading to Pimlico. Harsh on you, I think, but this really is high class stuff.

I am in AWE, sir. Quite brilliant.

Willesden Green was a cheeky little ploy as well. This is a quite TREMENDOUS battle of wills and with that in mind, I give you Colliers Wood

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Given the bad sportsmanship evidenced earlier, I'll take the Australian connection and offer Earls Court

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As this is a cup game (obviously because the earlier game was a league clash and you can't play 2 in a day after the Finchley Principal was introduced back in 2008), I'll keep things simple for now and play Monument

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Perhaps we can introduce Mortimer's second amendment at this juncture? I'll offer you Debden

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's after 5 o'clock - so Haringay Green Lanes (disabled access)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I rarely get involved in these games but have watching from the sidelines and cannot hold back any longer.

As its after 6pm and South Kensington has already been brought into play, I will invoke the Bollinger reverse protocol and give you Sloane Square.

And before anyone objects I remind you of rule 7b: All Egyptian moves are disallowed except crossovers and double takes.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Nooooooo !!!
How could I be so niaive ?
The only escape I can see is...no, wait, 2011 is a prime number so I can take the high ground back with...

seven sisters

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Oh my goodness, another game so soon? All my christmases appear to have come at once.

I sincerely hope everyone has a copy of the weekends planned closures to hand, as if past form is anything to go by this could well last until then.

In mind of the Circle Line closure which will be valid from 00:00am tonight, I'm going to be a bit sneaky, slightly change the direction of play, and hopefully force someone into a trap as the weekend approaches. With Egyptian moves rightly disallowed (what a shambles that used to create), does anyone have anything against me playing Chalfont and Latimer? I thought not.

(P.S. Doubles rulings or not, I definetely notch up quite a few points for that one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here