Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a game of Mornington Crescent?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Oh my dear God, what on earth is happening here? I get my toast, have a coffee and notice that this is going on!!!

Have you all gone completely mad? Have you thrown out the most fundermental rules, have you all forgotten that first lesson i suspect that we were all taught when learning this game?

And i quote from Rule 7b(II) 'No second event shall be played in the same place, game hosting site or competition location, within one 24hr period immediately after a previous winning game'. and i continue 'Mornington Crescent utillising all rule variations shall be null and void after any attempt to restart stated game and the instigator and game players shall be reported to the Crescent Confederation'.

Do we want to be reported? Do you want to be banned from all further games? NSC and Bozza are gonna get it in the neck for this one!

We have to stop this now!! and dont think you come on and start stating 'oh but its Saturday with a home game' or 'you can play again if we all agree'....rubbish! We are all doomed!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I'm going to be bold here - Swiss Cottage. We did decide we were using the Soutwark Method didn't we, so the risk of a secondary tangent is avoided.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh my dear God, what on earth is happening here? I get my toast, have a coffee and notice that this is going on!!!

Have you all gone completely mad? Have you thrown out the most fundermental rules, have you all forgotten that first lesson i suspect that we were all taught when learning this game?

And i quote from Rule 7b(II) 'No second event shall be played in the same place, game hosting site or competition location, within one 24hr period immediately after a previous winning game'. and i continue 'Mornington Crescent utillising all rule variations shall be null and void after any attempt to restart stated game and the instigator and game players shall be reported to the Crescent Confederation'.

Do we want to be reported? Do you want to be banned from all further games? NSC and Bozza are gonna get it in the neck for this one!

We have to stop this now!! and dont think you come on and start stating 'oh but its Saturday with a home game' or 'you can play again if we all agree'....rubbish! We are all doomed!

Keep up! That Rule 7b(II) had a caveat against it, that the ruling was superceded by the controversial "Palindromic Date sub-clause", and I'm sure I don't need to remind you that yesterday was 11/2/11.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm going to be bold here - Swiss Cottage. We did decide we were using the Soutwark Method didn't we, so the risk of a secondary tangent is avoided.

Ooh tricky. I think I'm pretty much forced into Archway now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here