Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anybody put their heating on yet ?

Heating now at 20 deg and the winter's first open fire is being lit at the weekend. Flask of Bovril on Tuesday night I reckon.

'Twas 3C in Alfold when I got home from the New Den. We lit the fire in the inglenook tonight, central heating's been coming on periodically for a week or so but is controlled by zone thermo's for the underfloor and TV's on the upstairs radiators. Wood stove in the second f/p is ready to go; cut/stacked some hazel today and am topping up with oak/beech logs this weekend. Our cat, like Twinkle's, seems very pleased.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Blimey - I've been putting my heating on occasionally in the evening for about a month. But I am soft & I do live in a draughty old flat without double glazing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Deliberately resisting as long as possible. More jumpers required!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Woodburning fire lit every evening this week. First fire of the winter accompanied by Marley and Me on Sunday night TV and a packet of pistachio nuts. Does life get any better?

I quite like some aspects of winter here although changing to winter tyres is a pain (compulsory by law from 1st November).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Deliberately resisting as long as possible. More jumpers required!
Likewise, but we secumbed last night.

We fired up the central heating for the first time and amazingly none of the rads need bleeding and the pressure seems fine. We are turning it off again on Saturday while we go away for a week. After that I will do a double check on the rads and bleed any I find that aren't heating properly, and add some water to the system if needed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yesterday evening for the first time. Have put the timer on for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's a bit nippy this morning! but what I do is get up get dressed REALLY quickly and then go straight to work :) no messing!

exactly what i do mate! wake up, shower, get dressed, straight to work to whack that kettle on!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Heating on timer for an hour in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening. Thermostat set at 14C and I awoke this morning to the clicking of all the radiators as it came on this morning! Back under the Duvet for 15 mins to let the house warm up before I ventured out of bed! This has reminded me to order some oil for the oil tank, meant to do it a couple of weeks ago before the winter rush!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Much like last winter I'm pretty sure I won't be needing to fire up my central heating at all as my flat has never dropped below about 18 degrees.

:smug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Only have electric heaters in my new flat. Slightly concerned as to how much it's going to cost. Spare sheets and duvets on standby in the living room!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My boiler has broken down, fuse keeps blowing and I am not getting it fixed for at least a month as I do not want to turn it on! No heating or hot water but we have electric showers at the moment, so thats ok! The kids and the missus can wear two jumpers of an evening! As for the bedroom, the missus keeps the window open as we get condensation and this then gets on the blinds and makes them damp/mildew. Bloody freezing but hey, it is hot under the sheets! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here