Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anybody put their heating on yet ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Mine is exactly the same, pressure goes after 3 days and needs topping up but no leak has ever been found. And I've gad a new boiler fitted and the new one is exactly the same. Bizzare.

I had the same problem and had our annual boiler maintenance and had to have part of the meter replaced (regulator?) and maybe coincidence (because I can't see how it makes a difference) but not had the problem since.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Last night and the night before when it was blowing a gale

seagulls

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
17 °C indoors. No heating. 16 °C and I feel it is time. Cleared the books off the gas heater.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Had the heating on occasionally during the last 10 days, that is decadent Hove for you!

Mind you, if we get any snow this winter I will want a council tax rebate.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

Drops to about 2 over the time it's not on, probably need to bleed the radiators or something.

Mine goes to zero. just had a meter put in and the pressure in the whole house is way down so will see if it helps.

Got to ask, if anyone on here has any idea I would be very pleased to hear from you.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've had mine on and off for the past week in the mornings. Mind you I do live in a frost hollow, and I am old.
I think the shorts are going to have to come off for the winter now. :hilton:

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Its going to snow before Christmas i think just is getting so cold.

seagulls

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the wife persuaded me tonight, I relented shamefully, Toughen up I said as I through her another fleece and the blanket. I still got shorts on!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Mine goes to zero. just had a meter put in and the pressure in the whole house is way down so will see if it helps.

Ours did as well before we had the work done on the meter, if pressurised on a Saturday would be down to zero by Wednesday. As I say, might just be coincidental as I would never pretend to be a gas expert.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
My boiler pressure drops misses has had them out loads to fix it bit never find an issue. We just have to fill it now and then.

seagulls

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Technically mine nevers turns off, it simply regulates itself on temperature constantly.

This enables me to enjoy the benefit wearing Speedos in the house all year round.

Thanks for that! I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight, with that image floating around in my head. :sick:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My heating is now officially ON of an evening. f*** the expense: I positively refuse to freeze in my own home (& it keeps the Cat sweet innit).

You know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Heating now at 20 deg and the winter's first open fire is being lit at the weekend. Flask of Bovril on Tuesday night I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here