Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anybody put their heating on yet ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ours stays on 20c all year round and we never touch it other than if it gets exceptionally cold, as is predicted for this winter when we then turn the control up to 22c. It seems colder if you are sitting around all day. I dont know if that is the most economical way of doing it but I am sure that it is better than it coming on for a couple of hours then off and on again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I presume you mean you have auxiliary heating such as gas fires, convector heaters etc? Or is it a basement bedsit with triple glazing??

MoneySavingExpert.com Polls

Nope don't have any auxiliary heating, I live in new build flat on the second floor with other flats all around me. Even when it was snowing last year I didn't have to turn the heating on.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
21 days ago, I was sitting on the beach in Brighton on a gorgeous late summers day. Today on way to work here, I see cars covered with snow coming in from the outlying villages. Its going to be a long, hard winter (again). I put my heating on over a week ago.

Jan 30, 2008
21 days ago, I was sitting on the beach in Brighton on a gorgeous late summers day. Today on way to work here, I see cars covered with snow coming in from the outlying villages. Its going to be a long, hard winter (again). I put my heating on over a week ago.
fair comment Dave but you can't have the best of both worlds ,it's either one or the other :cheers:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Put it on for the first time last night for, er "testing" purposes. About 3 hours.

May well test again tonight!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just put it on. First time this autumn (It's bloody cold today).

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Just had a new boiler fitted, one of me rads popped but i got it on now and blimey it's toasty. It's fricking freezing Mr Bigglesworth!

D

Deleted member 18477

Turned mine on today to make sure everything is ok ready for the winter. Also helps to dry the washing that can't go in the tumble dryer! :thumbsup:

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
Mine is on all year round. There's this amazing new invention called a thermostat. When it's not cold it doesn't kick in, but when it turns chilly it does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here