Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any player we have signed and you thought 'Yeah' but turned out to be shite !!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Gislason

So good on Championship manager!

Agreed, definitely the biggest high expectation/major disappointment signing I can remember. And shit hot on CM as well!

Bar a notable ginger midfielder, every signing we've had from Arsenal over the past twelve or so years could and should have been mentioned in this thread.

Oct 25, 2003
kitson was pretty good, just injured pretty much constantly

turienzo cost £150,000 and i think we had to pay to have his contract torn up aswell

barrett was a decent player, just possessing no goal threat whatsoever (if he'd scored that MEGA LOB that hit the post against palace he'd be a hero)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Graham Barrett without a doubt

I'll go with this but the thing was he was awsome for 2 or 3 games then went shit - never seen such a turn around in a player in such a short time!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Turienzo - he's an Argentina u-21 striker, He's going to be AMAZING. Er, ... no.

Fleetwood - great lower league reputation. The goal scorer we were missing? Bless him -even the rare goal he did score got put down as Fraser's for some odd reason.

Sam Williams - striker from VILLA! Hell, yes - he must be WELL good.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Jason Peake and Farrington for me both players were signed for 100k plus and both turned out to be utter turd.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Paul Kitson was the worse player ever to wear an Albion shirt, but I never believed the hype. Andy Ritchie and Teddy Maybank were major disappointments, but I never believed the hype for them either.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
liam dickinson... ok he werent that bad but i can't say he's what i expected for the money thats been spent on him by derby and us... CKR definitely another one...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Justin Fashanu, although Chris Cattlin allegedly came out with a classic quote which for obvious reasons the Argus couldn't print;
"if I'd known he was one of them I wouldn't have signed him"

Although to be fair Chris I thought it was fairly well known in light of Cloughie getting the old bill to remove him from the Forest training ground.

Although Turienzo given what we paid for him and then paid him each week and then what we had to give him to leave, comes a very close second.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Paul Kitson was the worse player ever to wear an Albion shirt, but I never believed the hype. Andy Ritchie and Teddy Maybank were major disappointments, but I never believed the hype for them either.

Jesus H Donkeyfuck.... That is rubbish!

Ive only watched Brighton since 96 but i can name you at least 25 players much worse than him, MUCH

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stafford Browne.

Now jointly owns a Radiator business in Heathfield just in case you were interested. I know his business partner.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Iovan was a superb defender......it wasn't his fault that Bedson and his crew didnt want to spend the additional appearance fees to staue!!

Only one who was truly dreadful.......FRANK STAPLETON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here