Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any player we have signed and you thought 'Yeah' but turned out to be shite !!

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Jason Peake - I think we paid £125,000 for him, big money I believe in the Archer/Bellotti days and a fair bit of excitement around his signing. He was rubbish.

Maybank was outstanding really - and to be fair it wasn't his fault that he bore a high price tag, and that it was Mullery's big signing. Too coincidentally from Fulham as well, as it looks like we were used to call in a personal favour.
Then, Mullery stuck by his awful signing failure, when it was clear that he was not much good - and even to the point of putting our hottest ever player (£6,000 from Burton Albion) Peter Ward on the bench to get splinters in his arse watching a lumberer lumping his way gracelessly around the park.

So a poor signing, and worse - trading Ward down to the bench and ruining the squad totally into the process. Our football had taken a nose-dive for the sake of Mullery's old pal network.

There have been others since, but that one was the worst I witnessed.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybank was about £250,000 over 30 years ago! Not sure who much that would be today!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Mark Farrington
I remember listening to an interview with him on the old Albion hot line - was it Brighton 8049 or something like that when he said "I'm a completely different player to Mike Small". You can say that again - Mike Small scored goals !

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Mark Farrington
I remember listening to an interview with him on the old Albion hot line - was it Brighton 8049 or something like that when he said "I'm a completely different player to Mike Small". You can say that again - Mike Small scored goals !

And Barry Lloyd said of him: "he's a more complete player than Micky Small..."

Mmmmmmh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here