Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Palace about?

Jan 12, 2012
time to take the next logical step and support the stripes.......... we can bring more than a little ray of sunshine into your life.....................open the curtains - you know you want to :lol:

I do support the stripes don't I ?
I'd rather stay where I am and snipe from the sidings if it's ok, but thanks for the offer all the same . :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I do support the stripes don't I ?
I'd rather stay where I am and snipe from the sidings if it's ok, but thanks for the offer all the same . :thumbsup:

yes you do,and as hideous a colour combination as they are they do rather complement our blue and white rather well

images
images

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't know, they look rather fetching on our Spanish brothers !

Always been a Real Madrid man myself-but yes i suppose they can look ok on a team that is as good as Barcelona..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Palace will be solid mid-table no worries and us a couple of places above. If I was to predict exact places, I'd say Palace 12th, Brighton 7th.

Sounds about right to be honest - if we can compete around that level consistently through the season and not fall away at the death I would be quite happy to accept that - we all want to go up but it is going to be one very tough league this year. If we do nick a play-off place it will be a bonus.

Can't see Palace being very far behind us. Good defence. Not sure they can create enough to force the extra wins that turn a team's season round from also rans into challengers. No way they will struggle though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Congratulations on Vincente, a player who quite clearly wants to be with his family in Spain. It will be funny when his "injury problems" increase, and the legend becomes ain't that good anyway !
I started reading that sentence and though 'shit, another gracious Palace fan, where's the fun in that'. Fortunately, as I read on, I realised it was a false alarm :)

I didn't think he was coming back, but just a few weeks ago Gus was 90/95% sure he'd want to return, so I assume his heart is still in it. It's only a year, and then he and the family can return home.
Do you think he'll rip up the league , or be unmotivated ?
Although he's the best player we've ever had, that doesn't say too much. There are other good players in the division, so I don't suppose he'll rip up the league, just the odd game.

You wouldn't want 2 divers in your team would you ? ???
Are you referring to Buckley? We've got a couple of players that go down more easily than him, although none that dive as blatantly as Zaha. Not that I blame Zaha, it's FIFA's fault for not punishing diving.
I think we'll improve on last season and finish around mid table.As for you, much as many of you think you'll finish top 6, I think you'll finish just outside. What about you ?
That's as good a guess as anyone's.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Congratulations on Vincente, a player who quite clearly wants to be with his family in Spain. It will be funny when his "injury problems" increase, and the legend becomes ain't that good anyway !

You should really get your teacher to check the spelling before you submit it :ffsparr:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well it won't be Zaha, he hasn't played in the Champion's League, which is now a pre-requisite, shame as I'd love us to spend £80 million on a player :rolleyes:
To be fair though Zaha's not bad, he'd be a useful squad player.

PS - Loving the comment a few pages back from the Palace fan calling us 'an average Championship club'. I'm sure he meant it as an insult, but how times have changed.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
No never ment it as an insult think its a fair reflection where Brighton are and I also place palace around the same place
Good to see our clubs neck and neck for a change seeing as both clubs have been through so much on and off the field in the last 10 years
In some strange way we would miss each other if one had gone to the wall , which both clubs were to close to doing football as a whole needs rivalry like ours true fans live for it we fill the pain for weeks after we lose to each other.
Here to another good season on the way and may the rivalry live for ever

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
To be fair though Zaha's not bad, he'd be a useful squad player.

PS - Loving the comment a few pages back from the Palace fan calling us 'an average Championship club'. I'm sure he meant it as an insult, but how times have changed.

Out of order that, you are a League 1 side that did very well in the Championship last season, a league that you haven't got even close to for years.

You got promoted which coincided with the new stadium, you had a few televised games against big clubs early on in the season and got plenty of praise, this time around you are, like us, just another Championship club. You expect every club in the land to be in awe of you but the truth is you are nothing special. Get promoted this season and then you can have a high opinion of yourselves and others will respect that.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Out of order that, you are a League 1 side that did very well in the Championship last season, a league that you haven't got even close to for years.

You got promoted which coincided with the new stadium, you had a few televised games against big clubs early on in the season and got plenty of praise, this time around you are, like us, just another Championship club. You expect every club in the land to be in awe of you but the truth is you are nothing special. Get promoted this season and then you can have a high opinion of yourselves and others will respect that.

Nothing special? Just you wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here