Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Palace about?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Out of order that, you are a League 1 side that did very well in the Championship last season, a league that you haven't got even close to for years.

You got promoted which coincided with the new stadium, you had a few televised games against big clubs early on in the season and got plenty of praise, this time around you are, like us, just another Championship club. You expect every club in the land to be in awe of you but the truth is you are nothing special. Get promoted this season and then you can have a high opinion of yourselves and others will respect that.

You forgot to mention second season syndrome and plastic fans.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Out of order that, you are a League 1 side that did very well in the Championship last season, a league that you haven't got even close to for years.

You got promoted which coincided with the new stadium, you had a few televised games against big clubs early on in the season and got plenty of praise, this time around you are, like us, just another Championship club. You expect every club in the land to be in awe of you but the truth is you are nothing special. Get promoted this season and then you can have a high opinion of yourselves and others will respect that.
Well yes, that's what I'd expect a Palace fan to say rather than to admit we had reached the heady heights of being an 'average Championship club'. However I know from reading previous posts of yours that you are INCREDIBLY thick so I'm not surprised you didn't get the point.

However you didn't challenge my point that Zaha would be a good squad player for us (I believe he's plays quite regularly for you, but obviously he'd struggle to get a game for us), so maybe posting on here with rational, insightful people (or 'Brighton fans' to give us another name) has given you a bit of intelligence after all ....

We are NOT like you - you are a Championship side with League 1 support.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good to see our clubs neck and neck for a change seeing as both clubs have been through so much on and off the field in the last 10 years
In some strange way we would miss each other if one had gone to the wall , which both clubs were to close to doing football as a whole needs rivalry like ours true fans live for it we fill the pain for weeks after we lose to each other.
Here to another good season on the way and may the rivalry live for ever
Agreed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this time around you are, like us, just another Championship club. You expect every club in the land to be in awe of you but the truth is you are nothing special.
Perhaps you take some of the stuff on this forum too literally. We know we're just another championship club, to suggest that we expect other clubs to be in awe is just weird. Of course we're nothing special. Except to us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Your reasoning is almost too hilarious to bother with. Brighton fans being excited about our very real prospects (for the first time in over thirty years) and you find it irritating and then post your annoyance. This is a Brighton site, what do you expect us to talk about? We are positive but almost all of us are old enough to know the good times don't last forever. However where we are right now is truly remarkable considering where we've come from (something you also don't understand given your comments about Withdean and plastics). You could learn from some of your fellow palace here and try to be reasonable and understand. I don't hold out much hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here