Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Are goalkeepers not allowed off days then or is this just reserved for outfield players?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes. Of course, we aren't allowed to question the manager as everyone is so in love with him, but for me Gus has signed three keepers and they're all shit. You've got to criticise him on this I'm afraid, because I imagine we're now in a position where we can't afford another.

I am sure you are loving this. I had hoped that people like you would stop slagging off our keepers every time they made a mistake now that Kuipers has gone but obviously not. Brezovan was clearly better than Kuipers last season when he came back into the side, Ankergren has played two games and after one mistake you are writing him off and Poke, although I agree he was poor on Tuesday, has still only played one game. It is getting boring now but no doubt that won't stop you.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just face it - Kuipers isn't coming back. You need to get over this pathetic slaughtering of every goalkeeper we have who's not Michel. I bet when Ankergren made his mistake you were literally rubbing your hands in anticipation of coming on here to moan about him.

Yes, he made a costly error but all keepers do, including Kuipers. He's a decent keeper and there's no benefit in going overboard with the criticism.

Kuipers substituted at half time today for Crawley. Poor kicking apparently:lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We would have been beaten if today was last season, that's an improvement in my books

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jimmy Walker or Ben Alnwick will be leaving Spurs shortly, would go after one of those.
Walker would be a brilliant signing, he's the type of keeper I was hoping we'd get to complete our back line. Unfortunately we won't go for him now because we have three senior keepers all signed by Gus.

On today's evidence, Brezovan's return can't come soon enough. He's not perfect but he's a damn sight better than what Ankergren showed today, people saying it's just the one error he made must have very poor memories because he did a similar thing, admittedly not quite as glaringly awful, on at least 4-5 occasions, two in the 10-15 minutes before the goal. Plus several times he seemed to let balls run across his six yard box when he should have got down and claimed them.

On the plus side we played brilliant and should have won, even with 10, but we can't keep having players sent off stupidly and we can't expect to challenge with yet another shambles in goal. It's just draining. We should have won comfortably today and a promotion team would have.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
This f*** up ruined the game for me. We were down to 10, scored a great goal to regain the lead.
Why did he start punching in the second half. He didn't look confident when he did. Maybe once of the occasions he should/could have caught it. But the last one, was his. WHY did he punch it? No need, Elf was leaving it for him? He called!!!!
f***ing pathetic.

Oh, im pissed off. We should have 6 out of 6 tonight.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
A minute after the news we signed Ankergren came through I got a message saying 'run away now, run away very fast.' He's not fantastic, pretty average actually. Makes mistakes. Don't rate him as highly as some.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is the point of TCB posting on his thread a you know he will be biased. Until his mistake Angergren had played well but this all meant nothing as his mistake cost us 2 points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the boot is on the other foot as he had had a reasonable game up to that moment but with your blinkered and one sided view you wouldnt have noticed that. What you know and understand about football could be written on the back of a postage stamp, so it is little concern that you do not rate him. I would sooner listen to and read what somebody who has some knowledge however limited has to say.

Last edited:

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
Just seen this on the FLS show, what was he thinking...all the time and space in the world for Elph to clear that, but I'm not sure why Casper thought the punch was necessary?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Thing is..

We won't get many better keepers than what we have at League One level, especially for reasonable wages. Consider other League One keepers. I, personally, can only think of one quality goalkeeper- Davis at Southampton (think it's Kelvin Davis anyway, haven't checked). All the rest, probably about the same level- which is similar to ours. If a keeper has solid distribution, solid communication, solid shotstopping etc, etc- they play in the Championship/Premiership. As it is, you see at the highest level goalkeepers making mistakes on par and much worse than today.

That is not to excuse it, although I must see it again to really judge as I sit in C block (from where we sat, it appeared that Ankergren had to half jump over Elphick, with a lot of flak being directed at Tommy..

But I thought until then he had a good game, and I wasn't worried about any balls into the box. Looking forward to having Brez back though, as I rated him very highly last season.

Must say your (Complete Badger's) comments regarding GP's abilities to find a decent goalkeeper are discourteous to say the least, especially considering you have no knowledge on any particular wage/transfer fee restrictions nor knowledge of the availability of goalkeepers on the market..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here