Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I watched the warm-ups yesterday for the keepers and Ankergren was rock-solid for all his catching. I saw Smith warm up for a game before I knew who he was and thought he was an outfield player filling in.

It was a horrendous mistake yesterday. No doubt it. I have not seen in on the box - and I doubt it will get any better - but this guy looks a solid keeper. More so (in my opinion) than Brezovan who to me looks like a calamity waiting to happen. It was disappointing - but that is it. If you make your judgement based on that - you are an idiot. Imagine any of us being judged of our worst mistake.

And a word about Kuipers. I am a bit like Chesney on this. I loved Kuipers - at his best he gave away an aura that said you wil not score. But he was often injured - and it took a long time for him to get back from injury to that aura. But his distribution and command of his area was at best suspect. And if you were critical - you would call them shit.

But fortunately the Albion faithful did not judge him on his worst mistakes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pepe Reina must surely be shown the door at Liverpool. Likewise Carson at WBA and Green at West Ham. They all made mistakes this weekend

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
I asked the views of a Leeds season ticket holder on Ankergren and the verdict was inconsistent. Apparently he can be brilliant for long spells and then have a few night mares, presumably why Leeds thought they needed a better keeper for the championship. Having said that he was part of a promotion winning side so could not have been that bad over the season.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Read my above post you clueless old buffoon. I clearly don't want us to have a shit keeper. It's very frustrating we appear to have three of them. And if you think he played well today then that's confirmation to me that he didn't, because you wouldn't see a turd if it was laid across your face. He was dodgy, end of.

On Sunday morning I had chat with a Leeds fan regards Comical Caspar, his opinion was that Caspar has problems with crosses … in the next breath he said ‘ very like Michel’. He’s seen the Albion play a fair bit because he’s been a guest of ….. Michel Kuipers.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
On Sunday morning I had chat with a Leeds fan regards Comical Caspar, his opinion was that Caspar has problems with crosses … in the next breath he said ‘ very like Michel’. He’s seen the Albion play a fair bit because he’s been a guest of ….. Michel Kuipers.

Should have added that he thought Capser was an excellent shot stopper, and generally good - just has 'sudden rushes of sh*t to brain' ever so often .. very much like Michel. I suspect Michel was let go because of A) salary and B) his habit of getting injured ....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You're right, but it just pisses me off so much. He is so desperate for our keepers to fail. Its pathetic. What annoys me more than anything else is that I absolutely LOVED Kuipers. He was a brilliant bloke, Brighton through and through and a decent keeper. Because TCB's view of him is so wildly innacurate I find myself slagging Kuipers off, even though I think he was a TOTAL legend.

Dont worry he will start calling you names if you dare to question why he wasnt at the Kuipers appreciation dinner so he could REALLY show how much he meant to him. IN PERSON.

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
Mistakes happen and communication sometimes takes a little while to perfect. Stay calm everyone... I would have taken 4 points from 2 games!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Wasn't at the game on Sat, but based on the Swindon game, he seems to be very 1-footed. He wasn't able to deal well with back-passes to his left foot, to the point that he would have to hoof it in to touch with his right rather than play any sort of pass with his left. Was it only me who noticed this?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wasn't at the game on Sat, but based on the Swindon game, he seems to be very 1-footed. He wasn't able to deal well with back-passes to his left foot, to the point that he would have to hoof it in to touch with his right rather than play any sort of pass with his left. Was it only me who noticed this?

If he was any good as a footballer - he wouldn't be a keeper. I don't think we can reasonably expect League One keepers to be two footed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's basically a jobbing league one player isn't he? One footed and prone to a f*** up, but looks good most of the time? Hands up who really thought he'd be anything else?

If we got promoted, I'd hope we would get a decent championship standard keeper in and let one of Ankergren or Brez go to another league one side on the cheap.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
OK mistake cost us 2 points but his save last week gained us 2 points - he looked good until the last minute

No he didn't, as he'd already caused me to soil my underwear with his preference for punching over catching. And when I say punching, I'm being generous, as in truth it's more of a flap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pepe Reina must surely be shown the door at Liverpool. Likewise Carson at WBA and Green at West Ham. They all made mistakes this weekend

Don't forget Kirkland at Wigan.
Horrendous errors all over the shop. Bin them. Bin them all.

Immediately.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Almunia beaten at the near post too. Get rid.

Indeed.
Add in the fact that none other than Andy GRAY said that "he should be stopping those", and I think you have as clear-cut a case for a forced early retirement as you're ever likely to see.

Goalkeeping errors and those who commit them must be BANNED from the game. It distorts results and pisses off fans who have paid their money, and so have every right to expect, nay DEMAND an afternoon of totally exemplary, error-free goalkeeping. Especially here, in the 3rd Division where all the strikers are obviously shit anyway. There can be no excuse for letting in goals at this level.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed. In fact it's a DISGRACE, that every game in the football league does not finish 0-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here