Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Murray

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Yes, and he's yet to win a set in a grand slam final. If he beats Tsonga I see another straight sets defeat against either Djokovic or Federer. I hope he can prove me wrong but I think Djokovic is too strong for him and I cant see him ever beating Fed on grass, unless Fed is smoking it.

Both Berdych and Tsonga have beaten Federer on grass at Wimbledon in the last few years. If they can do it then Murray can. Not saying he will though!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm £100 quid lighter if he wins a Grand Slam EVER (I think he's a choker) so I'm cheering for Tsonga (not that I'll watch it, Tennis is shit and I hate the TYPE that go to watch it and also the coverage).

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I wonder, if it was a Federer/Murray final, who would get majority support from the centre court crowd?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm £100 quid lighter if he wins a Grand Slam EVER (I think he's a choker) so I'm cheering for Tsonga (not that I'll watch it, Tennis is shit and I hate the TYPE that go to watch it and also the coverage).

You'll definitely be losing that £100 sooner or later. He is a bit of a choker but so were Spain til a few years back. He gets to semis and finals all the time, only one year does he need the draw to be kind to him.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One thing is clear and that is that he is NOT a choker. He's proved that enough times. His performance against djokovic in australia in january was immense and clearly shocked djokovic as well.No-one else would have beaten him that day. I just hope he reaches the final. I think Djokovic will beat him (don't think federer will beat him).

Frankly I find this whole scottish shit pathetic. Most people seem to dislike him because he made one joke about the english once or because he's miserable (despite the fact enough people have said what a great guy he is in private). It says more about the people criticising him frankly. I don't think he will win the final if he gets there but I hope he does. Not just for his sake but to shut up all the f***ing idiots who denigrate him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In fact, he has lost the Australian Open final twice and the US only once. Federer haa beaten him at both, and Djokovic beat him at the Australian Open.

I think I've entered some alternate universe where Federer isn't the greatest grass court player of all time... Murray would be a massive underdog in the final, whoever he played. I would back Federer to win today, and the final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will you be thinking the same for any non-English GB athletes in the Olympics? Only logical.

Totally illogical if he just doesn't like Murray rather than he doesn't like him because he's Scottish

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally illogical if he just doesn't like Murray rather than he doesn't like him because he's Scottish

Almost 100% of people who don't like Murray have based it on a story that is not true.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
One thing is clear and that is that he is NOT a choker. He's proved that enough times. His performance against djokovic in australia in january was immense and clearly shocked djokovic as well.No-one else would have beaten him that day. I just hope he reaches the final. I think Djokovic will beat him (don't think federer will beat him).

Frankly I find this whole scottish shit pathetic. Most people seem to dislike him because he made one joke about the english once or because he's miserable (despite the fact enough people have said what a great guy he is in private). It says more about the people criticising him frankly. I don't think he will win the final if he gets there but I hope he does. Not just for his sake but to shut up all the f***ing idiots who denigrate him.

Spot on.I couldn't agree more!
There really are some pathetically small minded dickheads on NSC.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Almost 100% of people who don't like Murray have based it on a story that is not true.

Absolutely. For those of your that don't like him, ask yourself why. Is it because of his public dour persona? (petty but slightly understandable) is it because you don't like Scots? (racist ?) or is it because of the throwaway JOKE he made 6 years ago!

Will you be thinking the same for any non-English GB athletes in the Olympics? Only logical.

Not logical at all, I can't stand Murray and and would certainly not be hoping he wins. This is nothing to do with him being Scottish, I find him the most dull personality ever in Tennis, he's also a complete drama queen and the other players think that and probably have bets on how many times he will call the trainer on during a tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here