Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Gray and Richard Keys....

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Political correctness gone mad!!!!!
Im going to start writing to ITVS Loose Women, see if I can get all of them the sack when they slate men or say we are useless at this and that.........................oh no hold on im not because im a grown up and can take a joke (and at times the truth is funny, I dont rage war when Loose women laugh about men not finding the G spot, I laugh with them!)aswell as beleiving people can have their own opinion especialy when said in Jest like this was!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Seriously, who's going to be the replacements? It would be a masterstroke to put a woman at the helm tonight instead of the booted-off sexists. I know there are lots of newsreaders, but are there any main woman presenters at Sky Sports?

Georgie Thompson, Charlotte Jackson, Alex Hammond, Natalie Sawyer.

Could the fact that a lot of fit, young women have been employed to read the sports news and present the odd show be presented as evidence that Sky (particularly its Sports arm) isn't an inherently sexist organisation?
Far be it for me to suggest that it's the only reason they got the jobs, but the lack of older, less attractive women involved would indicate that it's an important part of the selection criteria. The recent ruling against the BBC (the countryfile woman wining the discrimination case) suggested that this sort of thing is more to do with ageism than sexism, but most experts on the subject seemed to think the BBC were lucky not to get the sexism charge too.

Not that I'm complaining, as I would happily sit and watch Natalie Sawyer all day long. I'd like to think I'm not sexist or ageist, but I happily set aside any moral objection to the practise of hiring these young, attractive women because I like to look at attractive, young women.

Where does that leave me in the moral maze of life?! ???

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Im going to start writing to ITVS Loose Women, see if I can get all of them the sack when they slate men or say we are useless at this and that.........................oh no hold on im not because im a grown up and can take a joke (and at times the truth is funny, I dont rage war when Loose women laugh about men not finding the G spot, I laugh with them!)aswell as beleiving people can have their own opinion especialy when said in Jest like this was!

It wasn't said in jest though, it was off air which would suggest they were speaking their true feelings. Frankly, though, if you treat women the same way you treat the english language I'm hardly surprised your condemning these sexist buffoons.

simoblow

Jan 22, 2010
Hmmm, just listened to the recording: what a pair of absolute penises. I hope Sky kick their arses, although I'm sure the head honcho will mumble some pathetic excuse about the two of them not realising they were being recorded, as if that makes it OK.

I absolutely agree with you. I have never rated Gray as a pundit (or what ever he is meant to be). Hopefully this incident will spell the beginning of the end for him and Sky will look to up date their presentation - possibly with Gaby Logan fronting the show? She is clearly articulate and intelligent and her appointment would help to repair the damage these idiots have caused.

If Gray and co should be talking about the state of the match officials, it should be about the frequently poor standard of officiating, not their sex.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Lawro is class!

If by class you mean a clown, a buffoon and a smug idiot then you are indeed correct! It pains me that he's getting a slice of my licence fee (no matter how small!)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If they were looking for an excuse to end this annoying partnership, they now have a great chance to issue a gross misconduct clause I'd wager.

About time they changed things up in my opinion , as a paying ss subscriber!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It wasn't said in jest though, it was off air which would suggest they were speaking their true feelings. Frankly, though, if you treat women the same way you treat the english language I'm hardly surprised your condemning these sexist buffoons.

Whilst I (think) I agree with your sentiment, I really would check your own use of our beautiful language, before slagging off someone else's! :facepalm:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If they were looking for an excuse to end this annoying partnership, they now have a great chance to issue a gross misconduct clause I'd wager.

About time they changed things up in my opinion , as a paying ss subscriber!

Email Sky Sports and tell them so

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
230188527.png

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More

I totally agree with this. WTF is this country coming to? Has this really hurt anyone's feelings? If so, man up.....or woman up, whichever is applicable.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mountain and Mole Hill spring to mind

Arsehat and Twunt spring to my mind.

Yes, it's only words, but they work for an organisation that employs hundreds of women, and that is watched by millions of women, who don't deserve to have some patronising fat tosser and a ranting Scottish philanderer belittling every one of them with quite staggeringly medieval and statistically wrong outbursts like the one we've just heard.

I quite accept that some idiots in life will still hold opinions like that, whatever I say or do, but I don't see why they should be in front line roles in mainstream television if they hold such a low opinion of half the population. Go and stick them away on Dave, with the endless tedious Top Gear repeats, at least viewers know what to expect on there and can choose not to bother.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My favourite Sky pundit who I think talks most sense is Tony Gale. I am anti Gray becauyse like many he keeps on about tackles that are high or dangerous and then tries to justify them by saying 'but he won the ball' as if that is the major criteria.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Arsehat and Twunt spring to my mind.

Yes, it's only words, but they work for an organisation that employs hundreds of women, and that is watched by millions of women, who don't deserve to have some patronising fat tosser and a ranting Scottish philanderer belittling every one of them with quite staggeringly medieval and statistically wrong outbursts like the one we've just heard.

I quite accept that some idiots in life will still hold opinions like that, whatever I say or do, but I don't see why they should be in front line roles in mainstream television if they hold such a low opinion of half the population. Go and stick them away on Dave, with the endless tedious Top Gear repeats, at least viewers know what to expect on there and can choose not to bother.

It's a joke and way to sensitive. Most women I have spoke to today are laughing about it.

I would not wet my pants if women were having a pop about men in a cooking class (even though all the best chefs are men) but you get the meaning

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Yup just goes to prove that something said off air can come back to bite your arse, just ask Ron Atkinson!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a joke and way to sensitive. Most women I have spoke to today are laughing about it.

I would not wet my pants if women were having a pop about men in a cooking class (even though all the best chefs are men) but you get the meaning

But as people have said, it quite clearly wasn't a joke, was it? To be honest, if one of them had said on air, with a wink, that women should learn the offside rule or whatever, I wouldn't have paid any attention and nor would anyone else, well, apart from a few humourless, bra-burning feminists perhaps.

But that's not what happened at all. It's a pair of sad, fat old men venting their spleens that someone has dared to infiltrate their little man's world, thinking nobody can hear their poisonous opinions. It's nothing like the old hags on Loose Women crapping on about men not finding the G Spot or whatever, because that is just some ancient old joke, that affects nobody. Gray and Keys, on the other hand, have essentially declared that not one of the 30 odd million female citizens of the UK are capable of doing a job involving running up and down a line for an hour and a half, waving a flag, and expressed how much they clearly resent the fact that ONE person has actually managed to sneak through the old boys network.

Who knows what impact this will have on Sian Massey's career too, because whatever happens now, her next game is going to be so under the spotlight, any tiny error will be magnified a million times and used against her by some people. She'll face abuse from the crowd (I agree she probably gets some anyway based on her gender), some intended in jest, which I'm sure she'll be used to, but others more vitriolic. Why should she put up with that? If she screws up, she screws up, like any other lino, but she doesn't deserve to be targeted because she wears a skirt. Probably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here