Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This! And Andone definitely not the answer either - no better than what we have already

I think l might take issue with you there, at least he has always been up for the fight, sometimes a little bit too literally. Fight and desire, are two attributes that not all of our players seem to have at the moment.

He has scored a few important goals for us in the past too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
FA cup possible involvement I suppose, can't see Potter putting him straight into a starting line up just yet , actually cancel that , thinking about it , it would be just the sort of Tinkering Potter would actually try :mad:

Interesting character that's for sure and a player that could make a difference if his attitude is ok now .

Can't recall why he fell out of favour other than a few kamikaze tackles , but I must admit we do seem to lack a player with sheer determination and drive of the likes of Andone on the pitch .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think l might take issue with you there, at least he has always been up for the fight, sometimes a little bit too literally. Fight and desire, are two attributes that not all of our players seem to have at the moment.

He's not prolific, but all his goals seemed to be important. He scored the winners in both Hudds games in 18/20 earning 4 points that effectively saved us that year. His goal when playing with 10 men against Palace really knocked the wind out of them as well; who knows how the game might have played out if they'd only been 0-2 at half time.

I bloody love him, particularly the way that his first action is always to foul one of the centre halves and let them know they're in for a tough afternoon.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Andone scores pressure goals, has some bite, its a YES from me. If we dont bring him back or ano then we are in real trouble

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's not prolific, but all his goals seemed to be important. He scored the winners in both Hudds games in 18/20 earning 4 points that effectively saved us that year. His goal when playing with 10 men against Palace really knocked the wind out of them as well; who knows how the game might have played out if they'd only been 0-2 at half time.

I bloody love him, particularly the way that his first action is always to foul one of the centre halves and let them know they're in for a tough afternoon.

Maupay on acid.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

We certainly need some more aggression and will power in the side. I am not sure Andone is the answer, but if he feels he has something to prove then he just might be......

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Err, 26 appearances and 4 goals- another non goalscoring striker to add to the list - no thanks

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'd love to see him and his fiery nature back for Andone (round 2) as he always gave the opposition a bit of grief.
He might not have been liked by his team-mates but hasn't the team changed quite a bit since then?
Who's still around? Perhaps the last lot were a bit snowflakey and this lot might see past his dickishness, if that was the case.
I think we should give him at least a chance to "redeem" himself. We can't keep on waiting and expecting the usual suspects to suddenly get their arses in gear.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watch as he is the first one out of the door :lolol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Unless we are going to sign a striker, which I don't believe we will, then he has to at least be given an opportunity.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He seems to be living locally with his pregnant wife (girlfriend?) and dog - I have no idea whether he is in Potter's plans (or whether Andone himself sees a future at Albion) but given that he will be a father within a couple of months or so, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see him given a chance over the second half of the season:-

1234.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Err, 26 appearances and 4 goals- another non goalscoring striker to add to the list - no thanks

Plenty of top strikers with similar stats from a first season in the Premier League. 2 goals in 13 for Salah, 5 in 34 for Vardy, 4 in 28 for Son, 1 in 11 for Calvert-Lewin. These are the strikers sitting 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th at the moment for goals this season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he was fit & has learnt from the red cards then I’d 100% have him back in the team. Connolly & Zeqiri need a season in the Championship & so Andone would represent a much better option than either of them.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We seem be pinning a lot on a bloke because he has an attitude, can be a bit nasty, he is not a weakling and we all remember fondly how he scored against Palace (with quite a slice of luck when you look at it closely) ..... desperate times :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brilliant news if true.

Always rated the guy. He’s a crackpot, drama queen, nutter, and has an ego. But the bloke can finish. Get him in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here